Wow, FoxNews and their minions have been so full of it.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Wow, FoxNews and their minions have been so full of it.

Post by ip_law-hokie »

hokie80 wrote:Dumbass. Seriously. Using an MSDNC meme claiming his being Jewish was the reason he lost.

Ignorance would be an excuse. But since you demand such a high dollar for your paper pushing, I tend to chalk yours up to just plain stupidly.
Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
VoiceOfReason
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Every chance I get

Post by VoiceOfReason »

So, it's settled then. Religion had nothing to do with it/ All the other Jewish Republicans in Congress can rest easy.

Oh wait...
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Not sure what you don't understand. If Cantor were a good ol boy, he'd still be your congressman.

So Cantor just converted to Judaism in 2014? What religion was he in '00, '02, '04, '06, '08, '10 & '12?

What was his religion when he was a member of the VA House of Delegates from 1992 thru 2000?
I stand by my statement.

Yes, but it is an ignorant one, much like you.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:Whatever else IP is, he is not stupid and he is generally pretty ethical and logical on this board.

I get the routine about rednecks. That's just his way, and I have no problem with it. A bit overdone, but no big deal.

Not sure why he wants to overplay that hand this badly in this instance.

This is a shame. IP is better than this.

Major Kong wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:I stand by my statement.

I wouldn't stand to close to it because it's pretty odorous and frankly lacking in serious rational thought.

You're writing that a man who for 20 years was elected by the constituents of his district to serve as a delegate in the State House and then the US House was all the sudden voted out because of his religion? What did the voters just learn that he was Jewish and decide oh hell what have we been doing for the last 20 years? That's the sort of thing I would expect from MSNBC, HuffPo or a myriad of other far left leaning nut jobs. I truly never associated you in that ilk.
If you morph George Allen into Eric Cantor's position and history, he doesn't lose the 7th GOP primary. Sorry, but I do think that is the outcome.

Shows how little you know about the 7th.

Just stay up there with all the criminals in NY
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:No where did I say that. Sorry.

OK
The only way to answer ip.....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Not sure what you don't understand. If Cantor were a good ol boy, he'd still be your congressman.

So Cantor just converted to Judaism in 2014? What religion was he in '00, '02, '04, '06, '08, '10 & '12?

What was his religion when he was a member of the VA House of Delegates from 1992 thru 2000?
I stand by my statement.

Don't be nasty. It's unbecoming, even for necks.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

I stand by my statement.

This from a slimy New Yorker?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

I stand by my statement.

This from a slimy New Yorker?
OK.

BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
chuckd4vt wrote:
RoswellGAHokie wrote:An unorganized mob that just happened to be carrying RPGs and mortars?

Stop it Chuck, you're embarrassing yourself.

chuckd4vt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
chuckd4vt wrote:http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/18/wo ... ?referrer=

So it turns out the group that attacked in Benghazi were not really an organized terror group and they had little to no affiliation with AQ. Also, THAT FREAKING VIDEO MOST DEFINITELY HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE ATTACK. Dude who was the ring leader was apparently carrying on about it throughout.

The day the attacks happened, my views had nothing to do with Fox News whatsoever.
It went like this:

See the News?
Gosh! Our Embassy was attacked.
Yeah. The WH is saying it is due to a video.
What video?
I dunno. Some video.
Did the president notice today's date? The attack was 9/11.
Seems like the obvious reason. Anniversary of 9/11.
Yup.
Video?
Yeah, I know, right?
Have you seen the video?
Nope.

The simple answer is the simple answer.
Video. LMAO.
c'mon, man.
People had been protesting outside of and attacking the embassy in Cairo that entire day. As Hillary said, "what does it matter" anyhow? I suppose some guys were walking home drunk, heard about the video, joined the party, and attacked in Benghazi. Some guys may have lost a loved one at the hands of our military. Some might have actually watched the video. And some probably just heard about the video, broke up with his girlfriend, and wanted to fight. It was an unorganized mob and from the sound of it, the video contribjted was a rallying cry. Some Remner the Maine type nonsense. I frankly don't care what the motives were, but FoxNews has obsessed about this thing and their viewers have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.
Nope, co servatives embarrassed themselves and they will pay for it by Hillary having this election gift wrapped for her.
Her book has sold less copies than Frank Beamer's. UVA has a better chance of winning the football MNC next year than Hillary at being the next president.
I think the Republicans are on pace to win the WH in 2016 and there is even a decent chance of another Democrat beating Hillary out in the primaries but there is no way your UVA MNC comparison is even close to accurate. Hillary still has a chance.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

VoiceOfReason wrote:So, it's settled then. Religion had nothing to do with it/ All the other Jewish Republicans in Congress can rest easy.

Oh wait...
Yes, Republicans voted for him 5(?) times before realizing that he was a Jooo. :roll:
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

USN_Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:So, it's settled then. Religion had nothing to do with it/ All the other Jewish Republicans in Congress can rest easy.

Oh wait...
Yes, Republicans voted for him 5(?) times before realizing that he was a Jooo. :roll:
Whoosh!

My comment is a reference that all remaining Jewish Republicans in Congress can rest easy. I believe after Cantor leaves, that would be... nobody. :mrgreen:
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Oh wait...
Whoosh!

My comment is a reference that all remaining Jewish Republicans in Congress can rest easy. I believe after Cantor leaves, that would be... nobody. :mrgreen:
He was the only Jewish member of the House. There are Jewish senators.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
chuckd4vt wrote:I heard that same exact thing throughout 2011 and 2012.
and 08 when she lost to Obama? Check out her numbers, only hard left nut jobs support her. Benghazi showed she can't handle that call at 3 am.
Had she been nominated in 2008, she would have won. She is a "Not-Republican"... she wins automatically when the majority of the country votes. :mrgreen:

Nice qualifier. And that is precisely her problem.
I don't follow. Why is it a problem to be more popular as more of the voters are represented? Unless you are running for Congress in an off-year election... :mrgreen:

Voter turnout. Low voter turnout doesn't favor D's. The "Hildebeest" doesn't have Hopey McChangey's charisma and never will.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:If you are saying that a different or better candidate could have beaten the brat, fine.

But you ignore the fact that Cantor won six previous primaries, and six general elections. Maybe he was not as attentive in his district as he should have been. Maybe he made political mistakes and missed apps.

But he is not more Jewish now then he was, and his district is no more redneck than it was.

ip_law-hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:Whatever else IP is, he is not stupid and he is generally pretty ethical and logical on this board.

I get the routine about rednecks. That's just his way, and I have no problem with it. A bit overdone, but no big deal.

Not sure why he wants to overplay that hand this badly in this instance.

This is a shame. IP is better than this.

Major Kong wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:I stand by my statement.

I wouldn't stand to close to it because it's pretty odorous and frankly lacking in serious rational thought.

You're writing that a man who for 20 years was elected by the constituents of his district to serve as a delegate in the State House and then the US House was all the sudden voted out because of his religion? What did the voters just learn that he was Jewish and decide oh hell what have we been doing for the last 20 years? That's the sort of thing I would expect from MSNBC, HuffPo or a myriad of other far left leaning nut jobs. I truly never associated you in that ilk.
If you morph George Allen into Eric Cantor's position and history, he doesn't lose the 7th GOP primary. Sorry, but I do think that is the outcome.

I think it made enough difference in the margins. How much did Cantor lose by?

Wasn't Cantor at some corporate fundraiser event when he got the news of his defeat? Scheduling and all of that, but from what I have come to understand, it was emblematic of his 'aloofness' WRT his district. You know, the same thing happened to Al Gore- his very own district told to him to pound sand because he became too disconnected from his constituents.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Oh wait...
All the Jewish dem congressmen threw a party when Cantor lost his primary.
...Oh, wait.

I guess that means dems are bigots
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

RiverguyVT wrote:

Oh wait...
...Oh, wait.

Well that would have been a great retort... if it wasn't bullshit.

113th Congress - Jewish Members
House: 21 Dems, 1 Republican (Cantor)
Senate: 11 Dems, 1 Indy (Bernie Sanders)

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... ng113.html

Swing and a miss River. I expect better from you...
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Oh wait...
...Oh, wait.

Whoosh.

What's bullshit is your earlier insinuation.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:

Wasn't Cantor at some corporate fundraiser event when he got the news of his defeat? Scheduling and all of that, but from what I have come to understand, it was emblematic of his 'aloofness' WRT his district. You know, the same thing happened to Al Gore- his very own district told to him to pound sand because he became too disconnected from his constituents.
Apparently on election day he was in DC having lunch with a midwest one term R Congressmen trying to help ease his fears about the coming re-election challenge he was going to be facing. Oops.
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

RiverguyVT wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Oh wait...
...Oh, wait.

Whoosh.

What's bullshit is your earlier insinuation.
Sorry River, but now you are simply embarrassing yourself. Don't confuse me with ip and his insinuation on this thread that I explicitly stated my disagreement with. The only statement I made on this thread was the fact that Cantor was the only Jewish Republican.

As a helpful rule... when I accuse someone else of "bullshit" I generally re-read the thread to make sure I know what I am talking about. You're welcome :mrgreen:
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

Apparently on election day he was in DC having lunch with a midwest one term R Congressmen trying to help ease his fears about the coming re-election challenge he was going to be facing. Oops.

Lol, oops indeed. I stand corrected.