So Presbyterian assembly allows same sex marriage-comments?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: So Presbyterian assembly allows same sex marriage-commen

Post by USN_Hokie »

Hokie5150 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:You can repent and still be sinner...
I don't understand your hangup here.
No hang up at all...
I'm by no means and expert on Christianity, but you're clearly missing the distinction here.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

awesome guy wrote:No, I'm saying one sin is being acted out within the church. Not only acted out, but accepted as righteous.
Oh, so people magically don't sin in while in church. Gotcha. So there are no impure thoughts going there. No lust, envy, etc. I see.

Also, out of curiousity, just what is the hierarchy of sin. Where does a gay couple being involved in a committed, loving relationship fall relative to, say, the choir director having lustful thoughts over a member of the congregation?
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
No hang up at all...
I'm by no means and expert on Christianity, but you're clearly missing the distinction here.
sin is sin.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie5150 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:No, I'm saying one sin is being acted out within the church. Not only acted out, but accepted as righteous.
Oh, so people magically don't sin in while in church. Gotcha. So there are no impure thoughts going there. No lust, envy, etc. I see.

Also, out of curiousity, just what is the hierarchy of sin. Where does a gay couple being involved in a committed, loving relationship fall relative to, say, the choir director having lustful thoughts over a member of the congregation?
We can't see or know that's happening. But if sin is seen and recognized, it has to be called out and ended.

Committed and loving has nothing to do with homosexual marriage. I doubt the former through stats, but the very relationship is sinful. There's no way for it to be justified before the lord.

I think you're going out of your way to miss the easily understood.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

awesome guy wrote:We can't see or know that's happening. But if sin is seen and recognized, it has to be called out and ended.

Committed and loving has nothing to do with homosexual marriage. I doubt the former through stats, but the very relationship is sinful. There's no way for it to be justified before the lord.

If there are human beings in that building with you, sin is seen and recognized. Well, sometimes, the self-righteous don't see it...
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie5150 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:We can't see or know that's happening. But if sin is seen and recognized, it has to be called out and ended.

If there are human beings in that building with you, sin is seen and recognized. Well, sometimes, the self-righteous don't see it...
come on dude. Are you turning 80 on us and can see into the hearts of the choir? It takes no such gift to see the sin of homosexuals, it's visible with the eyes.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Hokie5150 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
No hang up at all...
sin is sin.
JFC, jesusfacepalm.gif
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

awesome guy wrote:come on dude. Are you turning 80 on us and can see into the hearts of the choir? It takes no such gift to see the sin of homosexuals, it's visible with the eyes.
It takes no gift to know that ALL humans are sinners. Therefore, the sin is right there before you...
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie5150 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:come on dude. Are you turning 80 on us and can see into the hearts of the choir? It takes no such gift to see the sin of homosexuals, it's visible with the eyes.
It takes no gift to know that ALL humans are sinners. Therefore, the sin is right there before you...

Which sin? How can I know what sin is in your heart by looking at you? I have no such issue seeing the sin of homosexuality.

You're conflating some generic sense of we're all sinners with seeing specific sins and embracing them as they're being acted out.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

Which sin? How can I know what sin is in your heart by looking at you? I have no such issue seeing the sin of homosexuality.

You're conflating some generic sense of we're all sinners with seeing specific sins and embracing them as they're being acted out.
Why do you need to see the sin? Is one sin greater than another? Again, what is the hierarchy of sin?
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

Hokie5150 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

Why do you need to see the sin? Is one sin greater than another? Again, what is the hierarchy of sin?
The Catholic Church does have a hierarchy. But it doesn't seem that pedophilia is high on their list.

What? Too soon?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie5150 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

the sin on display in church? Because you know it's there. You see it. It's what we're supposed to be removing from our lives, yet there go the homosexuals saying it's no sin at all, right during church service. There's no way for the preacher to have any authority if he's openly defying God. There's no way for a gay marriage to be righteous.

Are you feeling ok? You seem highly irrational on this and are digging in just to take jabs instead of accepting the erroneous position you've put worth. Again, answer me this, could anyone in the congregation get naked and know biblicaly anyone in church during the service? How about their friends wife? Answer me why this is unacceptable in the church and you'll have the answer why open homosexuality isn't acceptable in the church service either. How about the preacher showing up drunk?
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Hokie5150 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

You are picking nits here.......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

the sin on display in church? Because you know it's there. You see it. It's what we're supposed to be removing from our lives, yet there go the homosexuals saying it's no sin at all, right during church service. There's no way for the preacher to have any authority if he's openly defying God. There's no way for a gay marriage to be righteous.

Are you feeling ok? You seem highly irrational on this and are digging in just to take jabs instead of accepting the erroneous position you've put worth. Again, answer me this, could anyone in the congregation get naked and know biblicaly anyone in church during the service? How about their friends wife? Answer me why this is unacceptable in the church and you'll have the answer why open homosexuality isn't acceptable in the church service either. How about the preacher showing up drunk?
So are you saying that homosexuals should be barred from church services?
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

HokieHam wrote:You are picking nits here.......
Nope...you are picking and choosing which sins to get your panties in a bunch over.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie5150 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:You are picking nits here.......
Nope...you are picking and choosing which sins to get your panties in a bunch over.
False
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

hokie80 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

So are you saying that homosexuals should be barred from church services?
From membership, clergy, and marriage. They can attend, but not as a couple.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

awesome guy wrote:From membership, clergy, and marriage. They can attend, but not as a couple.
So, two homosexuals sitting together is a sin?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie5150 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:From membership, clergy, and marriage. They can attend, but not as a couple.
So, two homosexuals sitting together is a sin?
As a couple, yep.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

awesome guy wrote:As a couple, yep.
If they are just sitting together, how do you know they are a couple? How do you see the sin? Gaydar?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie5150 wrote:
If they are just sitting together, how do you know they are a couple? How do you see the sin? Gaydar?
Really?
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

You are picking nits here.......

How so? Seems he's distilled the issue down to the heart of the matter. What is the hierarchy of sin?
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
Really?
Really? Two men walk into your church and sit together to participate in the worship service. Gay or not?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie5150 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
Really?
Really? Two men walk into your church and sit together to participate in the worship service. Gay or not?
I have no idea.

2 gays show up in the same car, have the same address, and refer to each as partners or spouses and we know what's going on.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

HokieHam wrote:But churches should NOT accept as members those openly living in sin. Church discipline has taken a back seat in our day and age.
We all openly live in sin every day...