Parents don't have right to send unvaccinated kids to school

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Parents don't have right to send unvaccinated kids to sc

Post by nolanvt »

Hokie CPA wrote:The idea is to keep the kids away who can easily transmit communicable diseases. But it's actually not even limited to diseases. They'll send your kid home if the nurse notices they have lice.
Yup. I don't see the AIDS analogy as being valid here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
SuwaneeTim820
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by SuwaneeTim820 »

nolanvt wrote:You can't get AIDS from someone by sitting behind them in class or standing close to them in the lunch line.
"You can get it from tears though, right?" - Bill Frist
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:The idea is to keep the kids away who can easily transmit communicable diseases. But it's actually not even limited to diseases. They'll send your kid home if the nurse notices they have lice.

Because the homosexual mafia has brainwashed you and you think it's no worse than a cold.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Because the homosexual mafia has brainwashed you and you think it's no worse than a cold.
It is worse than "a cold", but that's not what's being discussed here.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Un huh
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Un huh
You really have a boner for this whole gay thing, don't you? (see what I did there)
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

hokie80 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Un huh
You really have a boner for this whole gay thing, don't you? (see what I did there)
It's just morning wood.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Un huh
In the mid-80's when the whole AIDS thing hit and among all the fear and uncertainty about how easily it may be transmitted, I did some volunteer works at a local AIDS hospice. I saw people wither away and die from the horrible disease that everyone was so scared of due to ignorance and bigotry. I saw human beings with a heart, brain and a soul suffer. Yes (before you say it) it was due to their own behavior. But my point is that we now understand it and how it is transmitted.

HIV/AIDS is not easily transmitted. THAT is simply a fact. It is less of a public concern than smallpox for example.

So it is worse than a cold. But it's not something that prevents an individual from attending school due to concerns over transmission. To even bring that up is beyond asinine. Sorry.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

hokie80 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Un huh
In the mid-80's when the whole AIDS thing hit and among all the fear and uncertainty about how easily it may be transmitted, I did some volunteer works at a local AIDS hospice. I saw people wither away and die from the horrible disease that everyone was so scared of due to ignorance and bigotry. I saw human beings with a heart, brain and a soul suffer. Yes (before you say it) it was due to their own behavior. But my point is that we now understand it and how it is transmitted.

HIV/AIDS is not easily transmitted. THAT is simply a fact. It is less of a public concern than smallpox for example.

So it is worse than a cold. But it's not something that prevents an individual from attending school due to concerns over transmission. To even bring that up is beyond asinine. Sorry.
Lol. More ghey misinformation. You guys are affraid of measles and laugh off AIDS. Unreal.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Un huh[/quote]

So it is worse than a cold. But it's not something that prevents an individual from attending school due to concerns over transmission. To even bring that up is beyond asinine. Sorry.[/quote]

Lol. More ghey misinformation. You guys are affraid of measles and laugh off AIDS. Unreal.[/quote]

Suffice it to say you don't know what you are talking about.

It would be best you refrain from further comments less you make yourself more of a fool.

Seriously, your ignorance on this subject is mind boggling.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

hokie80 wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Un huh[/quote]

So it is worse than a cold. But it's not something that prevents an individual from attending school due to concerns over transmission. To even bring that up is beyond asinine. Sorry.[/quote]

Lol. More ghey misinformation. You guys are affraid of measles and laugh off AIDS. Unreal.[/quote]

It would be best you refrain from further comments less you make yourself more of a fool.

Seriously, your ignorance on this subject is mind boggling.[/quote]

Another riveting post. But it's hard to hear you up high on that horse. It's that or the pile of bullshit obstructing the message.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

awesome guy wrote:
hokie80 wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Un huh

Seriously, your ignorance on this subject is mind boggling.[/quote]

Another riveting post. But it's hard to hear you up high on that horse. It's that or the pile of bullshit obstructing the message.[/quote]

Nope. I know the facts and don't respond based on bigotry...which is what you are doing.

Google legit medical sites on HIV. Or are you afraid the "ghey mafia" has infiltrated all of them just to allow kids with HIV to attend public schools and put the entire population at risk by attending?

Wow. :roll:
Valencia Hokie

Post by Valencia Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:Yes. They have a duty to keep kids safe when they go to public school. That includes keeping out kids that will put them at risk, which unvaccinated kids do.
Maybe I'm missing something. If the other kids are vaccinated, doesn't that protect them from contracting the various illnesses/diseases? Aren't the un-vaccinated kids the ones at risk?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

hokie80 wrote:

Nope. I know the facts and don't respond based on bigotry...which is what you are doing.

Google legit medical sites on HIV. Or are you afraid the "ghey mafia" has infiltrated all of them just to allow kids with HIV to attend public schools and put the entire population at risk by attending?

Thanks for proving my point. Idiocy like yours is why I used AIDS as an example. You're conformable forcing vaccinations on students, but are so crippled by political correctness as to not ban carriers of a contagious and deadly disease. Thus your whole position is you forcing your will on others, all from you personally agreeing with vaccinations and then hatefuly defending your sacred cow. Typical big government, nanny stater. You're inconsistent and random because you're emotional.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

Valencia Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:Yes. They have a duty to keep kids safe when they go to public school. That includes keeping out kids that will put them at risk, which unvaccinated kids do.
Maybe I'm missing something. If the other kids are vaccinated, doesn't that protect them from contracting the various illnesses/diseases? Aren't the un-vaccinated kids the ones at risk?
Excellent question...
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

awesome guy wrote:
hokie80 wrote:

Thanks for proving my point. Idiocy like yours is why I used AIDS as an example. You're conformable forcing vaccinations on students, but are so crippled by political correctness as to not ban carriers of a contagious and deadly disease. Thus your whole position is you forcing your will on others, all from you personally agreeing with vaccinations and then hatefuly defending your sacred cow. Typical big government, nanny stater. You're inconsistent and random because you're emotional.

Oh the irony of you last sentence.
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
hokie80 wrote:

Just for the record, AIDS is transmitted by the following:

Blood
Semen (cum)
Pre-seminal fluid (pre-cum)
Rectal fluids
Vaginal fluids
Breast milk

Measles, for example, are through droplet transmissions (sneezing, etc.)

Of the AIDS list, blood would be the most likely transmitter in a school environment. The others don't come into play. We can't use blood transmission as the standard in my opinion.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

hokie80 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
hokie80 wrote:

There's no irony. I said many times to look at the broader context of a deadly disease, yet your hate kept bringing you back to the ghey, even accusing me of being hateful towards gays when I just mentioned a disease. And even more hilarious, questioning the ability to ban students over such issues. You on the other hand went straight into hatefuly proclaiming your love and compassion for queers, giving you the moral high ground to berate me. Let go of the hate within you.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

awesome guy wrote:
hokie80 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
hokie80 wrote:

There's no irony. I said many times to look at the broader context of a deadly disease, yet your hate kept bringing you back to the ghey, even accusing me of being hateful towards gays when I just mentioned a disease. And even more hilarious, questioning the ability to ban students over such issues. You on the other hand went straight into hatefuly proclaiming your love and compassion for queers, giving you the moral high ground to berate me. Let go of the hate within you.
You have a severe mental problem. Seek help. I can only hope that the psychologist you get is gay though.

Wow.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

hokie80 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
hokie80 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
hokie80 wrote:

You have a severe mental problem. Seek help. I can only hope that the psychologist you get is gay though.

Wow.
Oh the irony.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

Valencia Hokie wrote:
Which is why they have that requirement. If they didn't (in theory) the school could fill with unvaccinated kids and create a huge health issue.

Bottom line - you don't introduce potential carriers of highly contagious diseases into an area of close contact (like a school).
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

Valencia Hokie wrote:
Few things on this:
-No vaccine is 100% effective but through herd immunity a community can all but eliminate diseases that have vaccines.
-I'm not up on the schedules but vaccines are scheduled throughout early childhood, including during school age. Right? So kids that haven't received all the doses because of their age would be exposed to greater risks.
-Perhaps most importantly, many children can't be vaccinated due to health issues (leukemia, cancer, heart problems, etc.). I'm assuming that the schools still allow these children to attend. They heavily rely on herd immunity to prevent them from contracting diseases that would likely be a death sentence to them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

hokie80 wrote:
Valencia Hokie wrote:
Which is why they have that requirement. If they didn't (in theory) the school could fill with unvaccinated kids and create a huge health issue.

Bottom line - you don't introduce potential carriers of highly contagious diseases into an area of close contact (like a school).
LOL, come on. You got check-mated.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

awesome guy wrote:
hokie80 wrote:
Valencia Hokie wrote:

Not really. But thanks for playing. Also, see uprising response.

Or perhaps we could just eliminate vax requirements for all and take our chances.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

hokie80 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
hokie80 wrote:
Valencia Hokie wrote:

Not really. But thanks for playing. Also, see uprising response.

Or perhaps we could just eliminate vax requirements for all and take our chances.
that's what it gets down to, a personal choice. The bottom line is your vaccinated kid isn't at risk from an unvaccinated kid. It's just nanny state. Uprisng's response dodged the issues and was as illogical as yours. Firstly, a kid who couldn't be vaccinated would not go to school either. The rule is no vaccination, no public school. Cause doesn't matter. And the rest is just silly. They'll encounter unvacinated people throughout their daily lives. Immunizations are completed by the time of school age. It gets down you wanting to tell others how to live their lives.