Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Parents don't have right to send unvaccinated kids to sc

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Not OK. You should make changes.

If and only if we had school vouchers or a fee based public system, I could go along with such requirements. Because there really isn't any force involved as the parents could use a private school without extra burden. Otherwise, they need to be accommodating.
Way to create a class of free loaders off government money that don't want to do the logical thing and vaccinate their kids. A nice way to reward stupidity. Of course it is a moot point because the private schools likely require immunization.
What in the hell are you trying to say?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

If and only if we had school vouchers or a fee based public system, I could go along with such requirements. Because there really isn't any force involved as the parents could use a private school without extra burden. Otherwise, they need to be accommodating.
Way to create a class of free loaders off government money that don't want to do the logical thing and vaccinate their kids. A nice way to reward stupidity. Of course it is a moot point because the private schools likely require immunization.
He's saying you want those kids to go to school, get sick, need thousands of dollars in hospital care per case, and you want We the People to be on the hook for their bills.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

You're recommending a system of vouchers for people that refuse to vaccinate their kids. Seems like an odd incentive for not doing something that is detrimental to the health of ones own child, and those around them.

Although it has nothing to do with the stupidity of your devil's advocate arguments, just a funny policy quark of vouchers for no vaccinations.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie CPA wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

He's saying you want those kids to go to school, get sick, need thousands of dollars in hospital care per case, and you want We the People to be on the hook for their bills.
try again. The only reason costs are an issue is from your heard of sheep thinking the bill is their responsibility. And we are talking public school. Everyone using it is a class of free loaders. Only with vouchers, they can make choices on the school.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:
awesome guy wrote:yep. And the parents of all 50 of those kids choose to accept that risk. The other 450 didn't have nothing to worry about. So what's the problem?
Smallpox was eradicated. Wouldn't it be cool if Diphtheria were eradicated? Or Measles or Whooping Cough? Don't we want to keep the number of cases as low as possible? I would think zero cases is infinitely better than 50+.

You reach that same result as the 50 die off. I find it interesting that the so called libertarians are effectively for eminent domain over other people's bodies.
You are right now guilty of making the same false choice accusations we levy against so many of our liberal friends. It's not a 'vaccinate or don't get an education' choice. Home school and private school is an option. Hell, the parents of those 50 kids could get together and start their own private school/leper colony to save costs. I'm not typically a public school advocate. I left public school in eighth grade and didn't go back until I enrolled at Virginia Tech. But the fact is simply this.... if you're going to use government schools, you have to obey government rules. And the government rules, with the backing of a super-duper-majority of the society as a whole, stipulate that children have to have certain vaccinations before they may enroll in public school. Don't like it? Don't go to public school.
There really isn't much choice, and it isn't related to govt vs private schools. Most private schools also require vaccinations. You know, because it's basic common sense.
What do you know about common sense?

Vaccinations are only required per regulations.
Vaccinations are required because they protect everyone against the spread of disease.
Most people think that's a good thing.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

Hokie CPA wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Yes, that was also part of the argument on what page 1 or 2 of this thread? I think he ignored it.

So, AG, have you made up your mind. Are you for or against this now?
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

You're recommending a system of vouchers for people that refuse to vaccinate their kids. Seems like an odd incentive for not doing something that is detrimental to the health of ones own child, and those around them.

Although it has nothing to do with the stupidity of your devil's advocate arguments, just a funny policy quark of vouchers for no vaccinations.
I realize you're infinitely intelligent, but why are you saying vouchers would only be for vaccine free schools? They would be for any school and the private school, or public for that matter, sets the policy. Easy enough and no class of free loader is expanded upon.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Yes, that was also part of the argument on what page 1 or 2 of this thread? I think he ignored it.

You being for it has provided able evidence that being against it is the correct choice. My body, my privacy, my domain.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

awesome guy wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

try again. The only reason costs are an issue is from your heard of sheep thinking the bill is their responsibility. And we are talking public school. Everyone using it is a class of free loaders. Only with vouchers, they can make choices on the school.
No... we're talking about ER visits and hospital stays that could be avoided by getting a shot. And if the parents are poor, the shots are part of the Medicaid program. There is no reason to not get the vaccines other than the parents are obstinate morons who put more credence into what they here from a ditz like Jenny McCarthy than their own doctor. Give your kids the shots and send them to public school if it's such a hardship.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

You being for it has provided able evidence that being against it is the correct choice. My body, my privacy, my domain.

Why do you vaccinate your kids? Because you think it's the smart thing to do, or because it's a govt regulation?
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

Hokie CPA wrote:
No... we're talking about ER visits and hospital stays that could be avoided by getting a shot. And if the parents are poor, the shots are part of the Medicaid program. There is no reason to not get the vaccines other than the parents are obstinate morons who put more credence into what they here from a ditz like Jenny McCarthy than their own doctor. Give your kids the shots and send them to public school if it's such a hardship.
The amount of savings from vaccines is immense. It is also an extremely important tool in getting people out of poverty in other countries. It really shouldn't be hard (even for AG) to understand that getting a cheap vaccine costs far less money than treating the disease. This doesn't even include the extra benefits of actually having healthy people.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote: Way to create a class of free loaders off government money that don't want to do the logical thing and vaccinate their kids. A nice way to reward stupidity. Of course it is a moot point because the private schools likely require immunization.

Why do you vaccinate your kids? Because you think it's the smart thing to do, or because it's a govt regulation?
I'm not arguing if it's smart or not. I'm arguing whose choice it is. Of course you and the other authoritarians think it's your choice.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I realize you're infinitely intelligent, but why are you saying vouchers would only be for vaccine free schools? They would be for any school and the private school, or public for that matter, sets the policy. Easy enough and no class of free loader is expanded upon.
I misunderstood you then. I thought you would be for the requirement of vaccines if the students were offered vouchers (albeit likely a moot point because the private schools likely require vaccines). You were make a broader point that if vouchers already existed.
People who know, know.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I'm not arguing if it's smart or not. I'm arguing whose choice it is. Of course you and the other authoritarians think it's your choice.
It's not "my" choice, it's the choice of society, enforced by the govt. In this case, the local govt. There are tons of regulations that protect the lives of our citizens, and this is one of them, a good one.
If someone is stupid enough to put his kid at risk by not vaccinating against measles and smallpox, that's his choice. But, he doesn't get to endanger others b/c he's an idiot.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:It's not "my" choice, it's the choice of society, enforced by the govt. In this case, the local govt. There are tons of regulations that protect the lives of our citizens, and this is one of them, a good one.
If someone is stupid enough to put his kid at risk by not vaccinating against measles and smallpox, that's his choice. But, he doesn't get to endanger others b/c he's an idiot.

And you're an idiot for thinking your kid is at risk from that decision. And a collectivist to boot comrade.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:It's not "my" choice, it's the choice of society, enforced by the govt. In this case, the local govt. There are tons of regulations that protect the lives of our citizens, and this is one of them, a good one.

And you're an idiot for thinking your kid is at risk from that decision. And a collectivist to boot comrade.
Just to be clear. You think that getting a vaccination means you are 100% safe from getting a disease? It sounds like you're saying that.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Just to be clear. You think that getting a vaccination means you are 100% safe from getting a disease? It sounds like you're saying that.
No. Just 99%. There's more risk in them getting injured at recess than picking up a disease from the unclean. And besides, you're inoculated after catching it. So the problem sorta solves itself. :mrgreen:

Your fears are unwarranted. The kid at risk is the one without inoculation.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

No. Just 99%. There's more risk in them getting injured at recess than picking up a disease from the unclean. And besides, you're inoculated after catching it. So the problem sorta solves itself. :mrgreen:

99% is high, and it depends on the specific disease, but at least you understand that they vaccinated kids get sick. And you realize that the success of vaccinations is in part due to the high % of people who are vaccinated. If more people do not get immunized, the success rate goes down.
Which increases the risk to everyone else. There's zero reason to increase the risk of your kid getting sick, sometimes very sick, because someone is making a bad choice.
As for inoculation, that's true for some diseases, not true for all. And that assumes you survive it.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

99% is high, and it depends on the specific disease, but at least you understand that they vaccinated kids get sick. And you realize that the success of vaccinations is in part due to the high % of people who are vaccinated. If more people do not get immunized, the success rate goes down.
Which increases the risk to everyone else. There's zero reason to increase the risk of your kid getting sick, sometimes very sick, because someone is making a bad choice.
As for inoculation, that's true for some diseases, not true for all. And that assumes you survive it.
Cry me a river or put your kids in bubble suits
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Par for the course, you're the one crying like a baby in this thread, get a grip.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Par for the course, you're the one crying like a baby in this thread, get a grip.
Lol. It took you 4 pages to say anything close to sensible. Your fears don't give you authority over everyone else's medical choices.
SuwaneeTim820
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by SuwaneeTim820 »

awesome guy wrote:

Again, is it really necessary for you to call everyone you disagree with an idiot?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

SuwaneeTim820 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Again, is it really necessary for you to call everyone you disagree with an idiot?
AG is the Saul Alinksy of UWS.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
SuwaneeTim820 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

AG is the Saul Alinksy of UWS.
He-larious. Read what you wrote early on as well as in other threads today. My sin is retaliation, yours is provocation.
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

AG - from the original post (pre-HIV tangent)

What right does a parent have to send a kid to public school?

And again - I still fail to see where the government is forcing them to have their kid vaccinated. As far as I can tell, the requirement by the school for admission doesn't impact their right to choose to not vaccinate (no matter how idiotic their reasoning).

Another question (taking religion out of it). If a parent decides to not get their minor child vaccinated against say, smallpox and the child later contract smallpox from another anti-vax infected child, should the parent be considered for child endangerment charges?