True/ False? If Obama were a Republican, he'd be impeached

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

True/ False? If Obama were a Republican, he'd be impeached

Post by RiverguyVT »

So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: True/ False? If Obama were a Republican, he'd be impeac

Post by awesome guy »

Without question. VOR, Chuck, Hoof, etc would be calling for blood.

But despite Obama hiding behind his race, I think he still gets impeached. His actions are so outrageous even the LIVs will eventually turn, of course after it matters. The left will want that to stir racial division.

Actually, all politicians want us scared and divided as to keep us fighting each other instead of them. The left uses racism, sexism, etc as their weapon of choice.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

My women clients think I'm so sweet.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
False.
Yeah.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
hokie80
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

No. But the IRS issue would be on every front page and the lead story nearly 24/7.

Plus we wouldn't have the ACA fubar.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

If he was white, he would not have won reelection. No if Obama was a Black Republican he would not have been elected (voted against by the same people that voted for Obama).
jmac610

Post by jmac610 »

hokie80 wrote:No. But the IRS issue would be on every front page and the lead story nearly 24/7.

That was my first reaction as well. The press and the Dems would have been all over him for these "non-issue" issues.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Homebrew wrote:If he was white, he would not have won reelection. No if Obama was a Black Republican he would not have been elected (voted against by the same people that voted for Obama).

A truer statement has never been made. I'll vote for any candidate, regardless of race, IF I share sufficient political ground with them.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

Not likely, but there would be considerably more public and media outrage...
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Republicans are victims, so maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Obama hasn't screwed up on a scale even close to bush. So there is no support for this.

Also for 80, didn't Romney support the plan in mass that was the model for Obama care? So I'm not sure that hypothetical is 100% accurate.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

fatman wrote:Obama hasn't screwed up on a scale even close to bush. So there is no support for this.

Also for 80, didn't Romney support the plan in mass that was the model for Obama care? So I'm not sure that hypothetical is 100% accurate.
Lol. Good one
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
hokie80
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

fatman wrote:Obama hasn't screwed up on a scale even close to bush. So there is no support for this.

Lol and no.

ACA is a fubar. Even a partisan fool like yourself should be able to understand how bad it is and it's only going to get worse.

Seriously fatman, you aren't right in the head. Your BDS impacts your objectivity (if you ever really had any)
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Without question. VOR, Chuck, Hoof, etc would be calling for blood.

But despite Obama hiding behind his race, I think he still gets impeached. His actions are so outrageous even the LIVs will eventually turn, of course after it matters. The left will want that to stir racial division.

Actually, all politicians want us scared and divided as to keep us fighting each other instead of them. The left uses racism, sexism, etc as their weapon of choice.
He'll never be impeached. Impeachment is a political action and it will never get thru the senate. Plus, there is not enough public displeasure (65%+ IMO required) to move for impeachment.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

RomneyCare and ObamaCare had several major differences, so no they aren't the same -- at all.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Most of y'all are missing the key question.
If Obama were a Republican...right now...would he have already been impeached?

This isn't about whether you think Obama deserves impeachment right now. It isn't about Bush and how bad or good he was. It isn't about Republicans being victims. Simple question.

If Obama were a Republican, would he have already been impeached?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
chuckd4vt

Post by chuckd4vt »

RiverguyVT wrote:Most of y'all are missing the key question.
If Obama were a Republican...right now...would he have already been impeached?

This isn't about whether you think Obama deserves impeachment right now. It isn't about Bush and how bad or good he was. It isn't about Republicans being victims. Simple question.

If Obama were a Republican, would he have already been impeached?
No. And it sounds like you Republicans are seeking some way for the playing field to be leveled for you. I suppose traditionalists/conservatives feeling abused and victimized is appropriate considering the nation is moving further and further away from the nation they desire day by day month by month. In fact, I suppose the only real victories for the right can be found in relatively minor issues such as gun control.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

hokie80 wrote:No. But the IRS issue would be on every front page and the lead story nearly 24/7.

I think a pub would have been forced to resign by now. Obama makes Nixon look like a saint, and we know what happened to Nixon. What people fail to realize is how low a pubs approval rating would be by now due to the constant pounding of negative media coverage he would have had. The public would be demanding his resignation, and rightfully so if he was guilty of doing what Obama is doing.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Ted Cruz weighs in

Post by Techmomof2 »

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/151811- ... impeached/

Texas Senator Ted Cruz introduced a resolution this week calling on Attorney General Eric Holder to appoint a special, independent prosecutor. Holder has instead appointed major Democratic donor Barbara Bosserman to investigate the IRS scandal. Cruz then demanded Holder’s impeachment if he refused to appoint an independent prosecutor.

Cruz cited the decisions of the Attorneys General under Presidents Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton to appoint independent prosecutors, when both men were accused of abusing their power, and in Nixon’s case, attempting to use the IRS against his political opponents.

Holder’s Justice Department was labeled by Cruz as the most partisan in American history. With a decision to appoint a Democratic donor, and Holder’s resistance to appointing an independent prosecutor, you’d sound awfully silly to try to defend him.