Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

Republicans make me sick. Dont stand on principle,

Post by oaktonhokie »

senator McCain. You might lose.

Why did tech bother to play Alabama?

And um/ why did James Madison bother to come to blacksburg? They couldn't win....

I'd like to ask our wimps two questions:

1) How are we WORSE off if you vote against cloture? The media will blame you, for standing up? Can't have that.
2) After you wimp out and vote to allow the vote... that we can't win... Will you vote against obamacare?

So you can tell the idiots who voted for you, that as McCain said, "I take a back seat to no one..."

Yes you do, Johnny. Yes you do.

Don't take a stand, you might lose.
Principle and passion are wastes of time.

I hate republicans.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
VisorBoy

Re: Republicans make me sick. Dont stand on principle,

Post by VisorBoy »

oaktonhokie wrote:senator McCain. You might lose.

And um/ why did James Madison bother to come to blacksburg? They couldn't win....

1) How are we WORSE off if you vote against cloture? The media will blame you, for standing up? Can't have that.
2) After you wimp out and vote to allow the vote... that we can't win... Will you vote against obamacare?

So you can tell the idiots who voted for you, that as McCain said, "I take a back seat to no one..."

I hate republicans.
You came to that conclusion and didn't even touch on any of the bad positions they take. Well done.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

When your in a fist fight, the only sure way to lose is to stop fighting. That's what the Republicans are doing. Losing by not fighting back. The democrats never stop fighting. They never stop going on offense. The wimpy spineless pubs are either always on defense or are waving the white flag.

What do people like McCain and Graham stand for? Nothing as far as I can tell. They have no desire whatsoever to fight back against democrats.

Graham will go on Greta and talk a mean game, but when the rubber meets the road, he caves. I remember him saying he would make sure we got to the bottom of Benghazi and someone would pay. Well here we are, over 1 year later and we're no where near the bottom and no one has paid. What is he doing about it? Nothing.

On the bright side, I did hear Trey Gowdy on a local radio show the other day say that nothing has changed in his mind with respect to Lois Lerner. Even though she "retired," he still wants her to come back and testify and hold her in contempt if she doesnt, but its all up to Issa right now.

I hate republicans.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I don't know of a single good position the democrats take on any issue, but that doesnt stop them from fighting does it?
VisorBoy wrote:

I hate republicans.
You came to that conclusion and didn't even touch on any of the bad positions they take. Well done.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
miles

Post by miles »

McCain is a rino, a hypocrite, a self serving self righteous greedy, traitorous, back stabbing little toad, concerned with nothing else but feeding his own ego and bank account. He checked out on serving his country, constituents and Arizona some time ago.
He's just another Washington politician enriching himself by playing the politics of the moment.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

miles wrote:a self serving self righteous greedy, traitorous, back stabbing little toad
May I use that in reference to other people, provided I cite you as a reference of course. That was AWESOME
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

The GOP has been full of wimps for well over a decade. No principle. No spine. No idea of conservatism. Just a bunch of big government dudes in different coats than the Dems.

I hate republicans.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I hate republicans.

Regardless of one's position on the vote (Let it take place so people suffer and then we'll get more support vs. stop it now), his tweeting about a ridiculous TV show from his seat should never be tolerated by constituents. I don't care if shoelace tip regulations were being discussed...engage! Truly a homer simpson moment on McCain's part.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

miles wrote:McCain is a rino, a hypocrite, a self serving self righteous greedy, traitorous, back stabbing little toad, concerned with nothing else but feeding his own ego and bank account. He checked out on serving his country, constituents and Arizona some time ago.
He's just another Washington politician enriching himself by playing the politics of the moment.
hear! hear! :!: :!: :!:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
miles

Post by miles »

[quote="Florida Hokie"]The GOP has been full of wimps for well over a decade. No principle. No spine. No idea of conservatism. Just a bunch of big government dudes in different coats than the Dems.

Citation is unnecessary when observing a veritable truth, Floho.

What is even worse about these rinos ensconced in Washington positions of power, leadership and prestige, both elected and unelected, is their venomous and traitorous resort to the politics of personal destruction, aided and abetted by their "allies across the aisle" and in the media, against republicans and conservatives, many new to Washington and as yet uncorrupted. The only goal in this game is power: gaining it, retaining it, using it, and reaping its rewards.