46 Senators Who Voted to Turn Your Gun Rights Over to the UN

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

46 Senators Who Voted to Turn Your Gun Rights Over to the UN

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

This is one of the main reasons 1 in 4 Americans want to secede. What kind of AMERICAN would even consider turning over our Constitutional rights to the UN? Whoever that person is, I don't want to share a country with them - especially when that have as much power as a United States Senator.

How did half of our Senate get filled with America/Constitution hating assholes?

====================

Here Are the 46 Senators Who Voted to Turn Your Gun Rights Over to the UN. Now NOVEMBER it will be OUR Turn to VOTE!
Posted on 20 September, 2014 by Dylan
Senate Bill 139 passed 53-46. 46 US Senators voted against this: “To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.”

Wizbang reported:

Fortunately, the odious, anti-American treaty was again voted down by the full Senate, but 46 Senators voted in favor of handing over our Constitutional rights to the UN.

Senator Jim Inhofe (R-OK) offered Amendment 139 that was passed with a 53 to 46 vote. His Amendment contained language to affirm that foreign treaties would not trump the U.S. Constitution.

“Mr. President,” Inhofe said on the floor of the Senate, “I want to make sure that everyone understands what the United Nations trade treaty is. The trade treaty is a treaty that cedes our authority to have trade agreements with our allies in terms of trading arms.”
He went on to say, “I want to very briefly read this so nobody over there or over here misunderstands what this amendment does. This is right out of the amendment. Uphold the Second Amendment rights, that is one thing. And secondly, prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations arms trade treaties.”

But many Democrats simply didn’t agree with Inhofe’s insistence that the U.S. Constitution trump the UN.

Forty-six Democrats-Independents favored ceding your Constitutional rights over to the United Nations.

Unreal.

http://gopthedailydose.com/2014/09/20/4 ... turn-vote/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
oaktonhokie

Re: 46 Senators Who Voted to Turn Your Gun Rights Over to th

Post by oaktonhokie »

Republican candidates will likely be too wimpy to bring this up in the election.

This is a very telling vote. Provides insight into the liberals. Republicans won't use it.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:This is one of the main reasons 1 in 4 Americans want to secede. What kind of AMERICAN would even consider turning over our Constitutional rights to the UN? Whoever that person is, I don't want to share a country with them - especially when that have as much power as a United States Senator.

How did half of our Senate get filled with America/Constitution hating assholes?

====================

Here Are the 46 Senators Who Voted to Turn Your Gun Rights Over to the UN. Now NOVEMBER it will be OUR Turn to VOTE!
Posted on 20 September, 2014 by Dylan
Senate Bill 139 passed 53-46. 46 US Senators voted against this: “To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.”

Wizbang reported:

Fortunately, the odious, anti-American treaty was again voted down by the full Senate, but 46 Senators voted in favor of handing over our Constitutional rights to the UN.

Senator Jim Inhofe (R-OK) offered Amendment 139 that was passed with a 53 to 46 vote. His Amendment contained language to affirm that foreign treaties would not trump the U.S. Constitution.

“Mr. President,” Inhofe said on the floor of the Senate, “I want to make sure that everyone understands what the United Nations trade treaty is. The trade treaty is a treaty that cedes our authority to have trade agreements with our allies in terms of trading arms.”
He went on to say, “I want to very briefly read this so nobody over there or over here misunderstands what this amendment does. This is right out of the amendment. Uphold the Second Amendment rights, that is one thing. And secondly, prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations arms trade treaties.”

But many Democrats simply didn’t agree with Inhofe’s insistence that the U.S. Constitution trump the UN.

Forty-six Democrats-Independents favored ceding your Constitutional rights over to the United Nations.

Unreal.

http://gopthedailydose.com/2014/09/20/4 ... turn-vote/
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by hokie80 »

Reason # 1 billion why I could never vote for a democrat. They are, without question, the most anti-liberty bunch.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Those damn Udall's are like cockroaches.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson