Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Obama latte salute vs Bush dog salute

Post by USN_Hokie »

SuwaneeTim820 wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Oh look, another retard who hasn't been in the military and learned about saluting from Mediamatters.
You are embarrassing yourself. You are so angry that you can't think straight. He doesn't have to salute. And GWB is clutching the dog with his right arm as well. Keep in mind the dog is not a work item, it's a leisure item just like BO's tea. Neither one of them made a proper salute, but check this out, neither one of them had to salute.
Yeah, funny how he says Obama should have shifted his coffee to his other hand and conveniently ignores the fact that W could have easily shifted the dog to his other arm. Or is he trying to argue W was too weak to hold a 15 pound Scottish Terrier in one arm? LOL. Like I said... some people just froth at the mouth and will get upset over literally anything. It's kind of sad really.
LOL, he did have the dog in his other arm - are you guys really this stupid, or do you just pretend to be in your fake internet persona?
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:Does he have to salute?
Unless he wants to be a self-centered ass-hat, he does...
SuwaneeTim820
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by SuwaneeTim820 »

Hokie CPA wrote:
SuwaneeTim820 wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:What's the record for people killed and wars started or escalated by a Nobel Peace Prize winner?
What wars did President Obama start? How many US troops are in Iraq and Afghanistan today versus when he took office? There are some things you could have gone with here, but didn't.

Oh, and I'd wager the answer is Arafat!
I don't know about that. Between initializing action in Libya and Syria, the escalation of action in Afghanistan, and drone strikes in Pakistan I'm pretty sure Obama has eclipsed the former PLO leader.
So the answer to your question is that he started 0 wars and pulled forces out of the two wars he inherited? Got it.

And the actions in Libya and Syria were/are efforts with coalitions that include Middle Eastern countries. They are air strikes designed to prevent the slaughtering of innocent people. But you know that.
HokieDan95

Post by HokieDan95 »

True...i debated whether or not to post this but figured this whole salute thing would get here eventually
hokie80 wrote:This has been the problem from the right. Focusing on non-issues like this instead of going after legit things and staying on them.

Obama has been a failure and I don't think he has the interests of our country at heart. He's as corrupt an administration in my lifetime and has circumvented law and the Constitution during his tenure. He has done nothing but been a partisan and takes no responsibility for his actions and places blame on others for everything.

But I don't give a rip about his "latte salute" or lack thereof.
"What's best in life?","To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
SuwaneeTim820

Post by SuwaneeTim820 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
SuwaneeTim820 wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Oh look, another retard who hasn't been in the military and learned about saluting from Mediamatters.
You are embarrassing yourself. You are so angry that you can't think straight. He doesn't have to salute. And GWB is clutching the dog with his right arm as well. Keep in mind the dog is not a work item, it's a leisure item just like BO's tea. Neither one of them made a proper salute, but check this out, neither one of them had to salute.
Yeah, funny how he says Obama should have shifted his coffee to his other hand and conveniently ignores the fact that W could have easily shifted the dog to his other arm. Or is he trying to argue W was too weak to hold a 15 pound Scottish Terrier in one arm? LOL. Like I said... some people just froth at the mouth and will get upset over literally anything. It's kind of sad really.
LOL, he did have the dog in his other arm - are you guys really this stupid, or do you just pretend to be in your fake internet persona?
He's using both arms, hence the awkward salute. Yeah, you should probably just quite now while you're behind.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote: He doesn't have to salute.
You're doing a fantastic job of combating an argument that......nobody made. I think you're so angry you can't think straight - excuse the pun.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

Hokie5150 wrote:
That's kinda what I was getting at. He's Commander in Chief and the military have to salute him and hold the salute until he returns it. Typically the CIC will go ahead and return the salute so the soldier can get on with his life, but nobody's gonna court martial the president for failing to return a salute. The respectful thing to do is to return the salute and carry on. If you're going to return the salute, make the effort to try and do it properly.... and without a cup a coffee in the way.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
SuwaneeTim820 wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
he's just a troll, he's fulling his role.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

USN_Hokie wrote: You dumb arse - I (nor anyone, that I'm aware of) said he broke the law. This is a classic deflection and you're either a useful idiot, or a conspirator - pick one.
"Broke the law?" I never said that you said he broke the law. He doesn't have to salute. He can walk off of the plane and do the funky chicken if he wants to. GWB's effort was just as feeble. Beating USN is a Lattegate argument, so easy a caveman can do it.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

SuwaneeTim820 wrote:
He's using both arms, hence the awkward salute. Yeah, you should probably just quite now while you're behind.
Nope.

Q: How easy is it to hold a 30lb restless dog with one arm? That's what you're looking at. It's irrelevant, though. Booosh tried, and Obama gave a half-arsed attempt. Things like this matter to folks who have worn the uniform. Like I said - you wouldn't understand.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

SuwaneeTim820 wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:What's the record for people killed and wars started or escalated by a Nobel Peace Prize winner?
What wars did President Obama start? How many US troops are in Iraq and Afghanistan today versus when he took office? There are some things you could have gone with here, but didn't.

What is the fatality rate for US soldiers under Pres. Obama vs. Pres. Bush?
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

USN_Hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote: He doesn't have to salute.
You're doing a fantastic job of combating an argument that......nobody made. I think you're so angry you can't think straight - excuse the pun.
No, this is funny to me.
SuwaneeTim820

Post by SuwaneeTim820 »

USN_Hokie wrote:I think you're so angry you can't think straight
Uhhh, pretty sure you're the angry one who is not thinking straight. There are not the comments of someone winning an argument:
USN_Hokie wrote:Oh look, another retard
USN_Hokie wrote:You dumb arse
USN_Hokie wrote:you're either a useful idiot, or a conspirator
USN_Hokie wrote:are you guys really this stupid
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Hokie5150 wrote:
That would make lots of Presidents self-centered asshats. He doesn't have to do it.
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

USN_Hokie wrote:
SuwaneeTim820 wrote:
Nope.

Q: How easy is it to hold a 30lb restless dog with one arm? That's what you're looking at. It's irrelevant, though. Booosh tried, and Obama gave a half-arsed attempt. Things like this matter to folks who have worn the uniform. Like I said - you wouldn't understand.
Why didn't bush put the dog down? You are just making excuses for Bush so you can demonize Obama. Your cognitive dissonance is off the charts.
SuwaneeTim820

Post by SuwaneeTim820 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
SuwaneeTim820 wrote:
Nope.

Scottish Terriers do not weigh 30 pounds. More like 15-20. And who said he was restless? Good grief, you're getting slaughtered here, man.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

SuwaneeTim820 wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:
SuwaneeTim820 wrote:

I don't know about that. Between initializing action in Libya and Syria, the escalation of action in Afghanistan, and drone strikes in Pakistan I'm pretty sure Obama has eclipsed the former PLO leader.
So the answer to your question is that he started 0 wars and pulled forces out of the two wars he inherited? Got it.

And the actions in Libya and Syria were/are efforts with coalitions that include Middle Eastern countries. They are air strikes designed to prevent the slaughtering of innocent people. But you know that.
Iraq and Afghanistan were/are efforts with coalitions that include Middle Eastern countries that included air strikes designed to prevent the slaughtering of innocent people, but you know that. If they are wars, then so are Libya and Syria. So he's started us in at least TWO wars. He also put more troops in Afghanistan before drawing them back out. He escalated that one. And the drone strikes in Pakistan? Well, you didn't even bother to try and defend those, so we must agree he owns those.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

USN_Hokie wrote:
SuwaneeTim820 wrote:
Nope.

He didn't try at all. If it was such a big deal, he would have handed the dog off. He didn't, because it wasn't a big deal.
SuwaneeTim820

Post by SuwaneeTim820 »

Uprising wrote:Why didn't bush put the dog down? You are just making excuses for Bush so you can demonize Obama. Your cognitive dissonance is off the charts.
LOL. I don't think USN really thought this one through.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

hokie80 wrote:This has been the problem from the right. Focusing on non-issues like this instead of going after legit things and staying on them.

Obama has been a failure and I don't think he has the interests of our country at heart. He's as corrupt an administration in my lifetime and has circumvented law and the Constitution during his tenure. He has done nothing but been a partisan and takes no responsibility for his actions and places blame on others for everything.

But I don't give a rip about his "latte salute" or lack thereof.
1. I didn't start this thread. Someone brought it up, and I gave my opinion.

2. Things like this do matter to folks who've been in the military, though I'm sure wing-nuts like Moulitsas will excuse Obama.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

An op/ed piece of this for 2009 NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/01/opini ... .html?_r=0

I wonder if the author would take issue with Obama on his "latte salute" now.

That said - there is no requirement for the POTUS to return a salute. However it has been common practice since Reagan.

Personally I find it to be a sign of respect by the CIC to our military. Since the POTUS would be the one sending them into harms way, I think returning a salute is the least one could do.

But I don't think it was an intentional slight at all.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Uprising wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
SuwaneeTim820 wrote:
Nope.

Why didn't bush put the dog down? You are just making excuses for Bush so you can demonize Obama. Your cognitive dissonance is off the charts.
Yeah. The salute is so important, you would think he would, so he would look like a real CIC, instead of looking like Elle Woods in Legally Blond. I had to look up that last reference.
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:Bottom line. He doesn't have to do it.
Isn't that like saying that because the restaurant is under no obligation to bring you a complimentary cup of coffee, they are under no obligation to do it correctly and could instead bring you a complimentary cup of sewer water?
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
SuwaneeTim820

Post by SuwaneeTim820 »

Hokie CPA wrote:Iraq and Afghanistan were/are efforts with coalitions that include Middle Eastern countries that included air strikes designed to prevent the slaughtering of innocent people, but you know that. If they are wars, then so are Libya and Syria. So he's started us in at least TWO wars. He also put more troops in Afghanistan before drawing them back out. He escalated that one. And the drone strikes in Pakistan? Well, you didn't even bother to try and defend those, so we must agree he owns those.
Did we have boots on the ground in Libya? Do we today in Syria? On what planet does either of those situations equate to what happened under W in Iraq?
Hokie CPA wrote:He also put more troops in Afghanistan before drawing them back out.
He needed to temporarily put more troops into a war he inherited before he pulled them out. I don't see this as helping your point.
Hokie CPA wrote:And the drone strikes in Pakistan? Well, you didn't even bother to try and defend those, so we must agree he owns those.
That argument might have some merit, which is what I was referring to in my original reply.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

BigDave wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:Bottom line. He doesn't have to do it.
Isn't that like saying that because the restaurant is under no obligation to bring you a complimentary cup of coffee, they are under no obligation to do it correctly and could instead bring you a complimentary cup of sewer water?
No.