SCOTUS to hear muzzle case re hajib at abercrombie

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

SCOTUS to hear muzzle case re hajib at abercrombie

Post by oaktonhokie »

She was denied employment because she had to wear her head hankie. And A&F had a "look" they wanted and hankies were not a part of it.

I was wondering how far a company must go to accommodate religious freedoms.

I see it like this, if your religion, or cult requires that you wear pajamas or orange hair or no pants....you have a choice of subscribing to that religion or being a normal member of society. You don't have a "right" to both.

If a company has a "look" that it wants its employees to have, and there is a reason for it, people not meeting that requirement are not entitled to a job.

Lose the hanky, chickee. Start work on Monday.

Must Victoria's secret have a wildebeest (rodham comes to mind) or an octogenarian, or amputee or six year old model lingere?
Must a strip club hire muzzles or amish who won't get nekkid because their religion doesn't allow it? They might be great little dancers, why must they disrobe?

We have freedom of religion. But we do not have a guarantee of no consequences for your choices. Of religion or anything else.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-top-court-hear- ... nance.html
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Re: SCOTUS to hear muzzle case re hajib at abercrombie

Post by hokie80 »

oaktonhokie wrote:She was denied employment because she had to wear her head hankie. And A&F had a "look" they wanted and hankies were not a part of it.

I was wondering how far a company must go to accommodate religious freedoms.

I see it like this, if your religion, or cult requires that you wear pajamas or orange hair or no pants....you have a choice of subscribing to that religion or being a normal member of society. You don't have a "right" to both.

If a company has a "look" that it wants its employees to have, and there is a reason for it, people not meeting that requirement are not entitled to a job.

Lose the hanky, chickee. Start work on Monday.

Must Victoria's secret have a wildebeest (rodham comes to mind) or an octogenarian, or amputee or six year old model lingere?
Must a strip club hire muzzles or amish who won't get nekkid because their religion doesn't allow it? They might be great little dancers, why must they disrobe?

We have freedom of religion. But we do not have a guarantee of no consequences for your choices. Of religion or anything else.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-top-court-hear- ... nance.html
Like or or not, they will likely lose. That said, does anyone buy A&F anymore. I know it was a trendy label at one time, but it seems that you see less and less of it.