Which style will survive on TSL 3.0, Threads or VB?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
One4VT

Which style will survive on TSL 3.0, Threads or VB?

Post by One4VT »

I'm of the mind that 75-80% of posters will quickly move to the classic Threaded boards and the VB boards will eventually fold as the hold outs move on or switch back.
Don't "Sub-Forum" my Thread Bro!
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Re: Which style will survive on TSL 3.0, Threads or VB?

Post by Hokie CPA »

I'm in the camp that thinks most of the board contributors will be on th vB boards and the folks who love the thread view so much are mainly lurkers who don't add much, if anything, to the boards at all.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:I'm in the camp that thinks most of the board contributors will be on th vB boards and the folks who love the thread view so much are mainly lurkers who don't add much, if anything, to the boards at all.
If that's the case (and it may be), this change will be nothing more than a colossal waste of resources.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:I'm in the camp that thinks most of the board contributors will be on th vB boards and the folks who love the thread view so much are mainly lurkers who don't add much, if anything, to the boards at all.
If that's the case (and it may be), this change will be nothing more than a colossal waste of resources.
The whole change thing in general was a colossal waste of resources. They need a real IT guy on the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

I expect TSL is a fairly low budget, shoestring operation that couldn't go out and get a high end programer and web designer
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
The whole change thing in general was a colossal waste of resources. They need a real IT guy on the team.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:I expect TSL is a fairly low budget, shoestring operation that couldn't go out and get a high end programer and web designer
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Oh yeah. Thier IT pay is about half of market. They must have a staff of interns.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:I expect TSL is a fairly low budget, shoestring operation that couldn't go out and get a high end programer and web designer
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Even if "thousands of dollars" in revenue is a miniscule portion of their total? I'm completely ignorant to It stuff and have no idea how big their staff is, so maybe that sounds right. Is TSL still owned by the same folks who own the sabre?
Marine Hokie

Post by Marine Hokie »

Operators of Sabre, TSL, etc are in a revenue sharing arrangement with SportsWar. http://www.sportswar.com/sites/
I suspect they all have to use the same crappy web developer (http://richweb.com/).
USN_Hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Even if "thousands of dollars" in revenue is a miniscule portion of their total? I'm completely ignorant to It stuff and have no idea how big their staff is, so maybe that sounds right. Is TSL still owned by the same folks who own the sabre?
A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Marine Hokie wrote:Operators of Sabre, TSL, etc are in a revenue sharing arrangement with SportsWar. http://www.sportswar.com/sites/
I suspect they all have to use the same crappy web developer (http://richweb.com/).
USN_Hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I see now, thanks.