You stay classy Va liberal democrats....

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

You stay classy Va liberal democrats....

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

In fact, as Greater McLean Republican Women’s Club president Anne Gruner was setting up her table Friday, laying out her “Women for Ken” stickers and fact sheets, a man walking by suddenly swooped close to her face and started screaming, cursing and calling her a “terrorist.”
...and make no mistake. This type of behavior is being encouraged by the President and the leaders within his party. This guy is basically just parroting the same crap that comes out of Harry Reid's mouth on a daily basis. The dangerous part of this is that Reid, Pelosi, Obama, etc. use this irresponsible rhetoric, and then their lunatic base of supporters hear it, get inflamed, and then go out and act like morons looking for someone that dares support a Republican to take out their anger on.

And the amazing thing is, they have the gall (or ignorance) to call conservatives and Tea party patriots names like neanderthals. Can anyone say "projection?"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... story.html

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: You stay classy Va liberal democrats....

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
In fact, as Greater McLean Republican Women’s Club president Anne Gruner was setting up her table Friday, laying out her “Women for Ken” stickers and fact sheets, a man walking by suddenly swooped close to her face and started screaming, cursing and calling her a “terrorist.”
...and make no mistake. This type of behavior is being encouraged by the President and the leaders within his party. This guy is basically just parroting the same crap that comes out of Harry Reid's mouth on a daily basis. The dangerous part of this is that Reid, Pelosi, Obama, etc. use this irresponsible rhetoric, and then their lunatic base of supporters hear it, get inflamed, and then go out and act like morons looking for someone that dares support a Republican to take out their anger on.

And the amazing thing is, they have the gall (or ignorance) to call conservatives and Tea party patriots names like neanderthals. Can anyone say "projection?"

Outrageous and typical of Marxist radicals. And Obama is the one telling his minions to get in the face and yell at the opposition.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Both parties' supporters have idiots. Film at 11.

You had an interesting assertion that the President is encouraging this type of behavior. Link?
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

You had an interesting assertion that the President is encouraging this type of behavior. Link?
I would assume it is inferred based on Obama's actions and his words of late. You've certainly heard the outrageous comments he's made recently
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Here's some links for you:

Joe Biden and democrats liken Tea Party to terrorists:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/60421.html

Obama tells his supporters to get in peoples' faces and argue:
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atla ... uppor.html

Al Gore says Efforts to Defund Obamacare ‘Political Terrorism’
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/mel ... -terrorism

White House spokesman Pfieffer says Tea Partiers are like 'suicide bombers'
Nancy Pelosi says Tea Party are like arsonists
Obama says GOP putting a gun to his head:
Jay Carney calls GOP 'hostage takers':
Harry Reid says Cruz and TP are anarchists
democrat congressman says TP on a 'jihad'

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
VoiceOfReason
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Every chance I get

Post by VoiceOfReason »

awesome guy wrote: Outrageous and typical of Marxist radicals. And Obama is the one telling his minions to get in the face and yell at the opposition.
Man... that really ticks me off! No, not your ignorant rhetoric about Obama encouraging uhh... ignorant rhetoric... LOL

No. What I am REALLY pissed about is that O has not contacted ME yet! I voted for the guy twice... I am inhabiting this board - a perfect platform... and when O decides to unleash the minions, not one phone call to me? No text? No Liberal Manifesto? Where are my marching orders? DAMN! I feel so lonely...
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
awesome guy wrote: Outrageous and typical of Marxist radicals. And Obama is the one telling his minions to get in the face and yell at the opposition.
Man... that really ticks me off! No, not your ignorant rhetoric about Obama encouraging uhh... ignorant rhetoric... LOL

No. What I am REALLY pissed about is that O has not contacted ME yet! I voted for the guy twice... I am inhabiting this board - a perfect platform... and when O decides to unleash the minions, not one phone call to me? No text? No Liberal Manifesto? Where are my marching orders? DAMN! I feel so lonely...
Somehow, I doubt that. I also like you confuse informed with ignorant. Typical. I guess all the links above are too much of that reading thing.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
VoiceOfReason
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Every chance I get

Post by VoiceOfReason »

awesome guy wrote: Somehow, I doubt that. I also like you confuse informed with ignorant. Typical. I guess all the links above are too much of that reading thing.
IMHO, I used my terms correctly. I think you do get alot of information AG. I questions your sources sometimes. And how you process that information seems a bit one-sided. :mrgreen:

The links above are videos, so I am not sure you understand what READING is. Assuming you meant to say WATCHING...

Yes, the Ds are using rhetoric and these vids are examples of it. I watched the O video and think he was spot on. We have a crisis every 3 months it seems. The country is tired of it. He will negotiate but not when the Rs put a gun to people's heads. Yes, that is rhetorical... but commonly used in American culture. And IMHO, it RHETORICALLY describes the current situation.

What I did not see... is the subject of this thread. I did not see a link to O calling up his minions encouraging them to yell at people. That specifically is the topic of this thread.
Cam Brady

Post by Cam Brady »

Troll much? I don't think your assertions and generalizations are anyway close to being accurate. Please, let's not resort to Gestapo tactics here. Keep it civil.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Is this the part that makes you mad? The part where the opposing sides can find some common ground? The part where they can be decent human beings and not call each other names all the time? I know it's not as fun when a Dem is nice and polite, and doesn't fit the demeaning narrative you like so much, but it seems really odd that you focus on the one lunatic amongst a group of nice, normal people.

------------

None of her comrades had arrived yet, but before you could say, ‘Sir, you are no gentleman,’ here came the “Smart Women 4 McAuliffe.” Democratic volunteer Patricia Scott told the guy to get lost — and after circling back to lob a few last threats, he did.

Scott said that Gruner had saved her own bacon by telling the man she was calling the police: “Just by saying that, she deterred him.” But Gruner, understandably shaken by the incident, insisted otherwise: “These Democratic ladies ran to my defense! We have different views, but we get along maybe better than the people on Capitol Hill.”

Maybe?
---------------