Journalism Students Highlight Whats Wrong w/Media (&Country)

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Journalism Students Highlight Whats Wrong w/Media (&Country)

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

These people get their news from Twitter and John Stewart? Holy heck man, what is happening to our country? And these are the people that will become "journolists" in the future. Frightening. I suppose as long as they tow the liberal/democrat party line, they will have a much better chance of getting a job.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-shepp ... -and-jon-s

Notice the subtle way they say that "holding government official accountable" really means attacking Republicans, and not giving them the same equal air time as democrats.

What happened to kids that wanted to be rebels? Now all we have our young skulls full of brain washed mush that are pros at practicing group think. Hannity had some college kids on his show last Friday, and the democrat kids on that show illustrated it perfectly. They all had the same democrat talking points and the democrat party and media, and zero critical thinking skills. They all refused to answer how much taxes were enough. Oh, and I learned that when a liberal claims to be a "fiscal conservative" what he/she really mean is that they're for balancing the budget through higher taxes (not lower spending) - even though the math has been shown over and over and over to not add up.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
oaktonhokie

Re: Journalism Students Highlight Whats Wrong w/Media (&Coun

Post by oaktonhokie »

My guess is that Nanny pelooooza, Harry Reid, and the cbc are "fiscal conservatives."

They believe in common sense tax reform, common sense spending, and common sense ignoring the debt ceiling.

Fox and Limbaugh....? Not real news. Not worth watching.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
VoiceOfReason
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Every chance I get

Post by VoiceOfReason »

oaktonhokie wrote:My guess is that Nanny pelooooza, Harry Reid, and the cbc are "fiscal conservatives."

They believe in common sense tax reform, common sense spending, and common sense ignoring the debt ceiling.

Fox and Limbaugh....? Not real news. Not worth watching.
LOL, um nooooo. Pelosi and Reid are hardly conservative. But you knew that.

I'm not sure Libs believe in common sense tax reform. Not sure Rs believe in common sense tax reform either. They key phrase is "common sense". To most people, common sense means to eliminate any deduction that you don't use. If my taxes go up... it's not common sense. Not sure how the Rs propose to reform taxes without increasing it for anyone. That's not possible, unless they significantly reduce revenue - which is that last thing needed right now until spending is reduced.

Yes... Fox and Limbaugh are not real news. Duh. Limbaugh does not even pretend to be news... he is an entertainer (and a very popular one). Jon Stewart is an entertainer as well. Why would you watch either for news? It's current events based entertainment.

Fox is the network that gave us Beck, Palin and Hannity. Are they reporters? Yeah, right. Just like Rachel MadCow on MSNBC is a reporter?

Hey... everyone is entitled to whatever entertainment they want. Thinking people know what they are watching.
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

Not exactly related to your point but I am a fiscal conservative and I believe raising taxes IS the answer. Until tax payers TRULY feel the weight of Government spending, they'll be content with the status quo.
UpstateSCHokie wrote:These people get their news from Twitter and John Stewart? Holy heck man, what is happening to our country? And these are the people that will become "journolists" in the future. Frightening. I suppose as long as they tow the liberal/democrat party line, they will have a much better chance of getting a job.

Notice the subtle way they say that "holding government official accountable" really means attacking Republicans, and not giving them the same equal air time as democrats.

What happened to kids that wanted to be rebels? Now all we have our young skulls full of brain washed mush that are pros at practicing group think. Hannity had some college kids on his show last Friday, and the democrat kids on that show illustrated it perfectly. They all had the same democrat talking points and the democrat party and media, and zero critical thinking skills. They all refused to answer how much taxes were enough. Oh, and I learned that when a liberal claims to be a "fiscal conservative" what he/she really mean is that they're for balancing the budget through higher taxes (not lower spending) - even though the math has been shown over and over and over to not add up.
VoiceOfReason
Party: Every chance I get

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Florida Hokie wrote:Not exactly related to your point but I am a fiscal conservative and I believe raising taxes IS the answer. Until tax payers TRULY feel the weight of Government spending, they'll be content with the status quo.
I am a fiscal conservative too. I would say I think raising taxes needs to be PART of the answer. Reducing spending must also be part of the answer. I agree taxpayers do need to pay full freight. But there is nothing wrong with reducing the freight a little bit too :mrgreen:
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

Of course spending should but the REAL reason politicians play to lower taxes game (Dems and Pubs) is because they want that cushion. Businesses don't typically spend recklessly because there are shareholders to answer to. We don't have that kind of feedback in place in our Government.
VoiceOfReason wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:Not exactly related to your point but I am a fiscal conservative and I believe raising taxes IS the answer. Until tax payers TRULY feel the weight of Government spending, they'll be content with the status quo.
I am a fiscal conservative too. I would say I think raising taxes needs to be PART of the answer. Reducing spending must also be part of the answer. I agree taxpayers do need to pay full freight. But there is nothing wrong with reducing the freight a little bit too :mrgreen:
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:These people get their news from Twitter and John Stewart? Holy heck man, what is happening to our country? And these are the people that will become "journolists" in the future. Frightening. I suppose as long as they tow the liberal/democrat party line, they will have a much better chance of getting a job.

The stench mob demanding more spending won't feel a tax hike, they're subsidized by the government. That's the problem.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
miles

Post by miles »

[quote="Florida Hokie"]Not exactly related to your point but I am a fiscal conservative and I believe raising taxes IS the answer. Until tax payers TRULY feel the weight of Government spending, they'll be content with the status quo.

Duuhh, i think the tax payers do TRULY feel the weight of Government spending, and they are not content with the status quo. Of course they're selfish, uncaring, racist, republican, tea party bigots, and workers trying to carry their own weight.