TGI Fridays unveils (excuse the pun) new bacon iced tea.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

TGI Fridays unveils (excuse the pun) new bacon iced tea.

Post by USN_Hokie »

"They put bacon in the wrong girls [sic] straw."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... straw.html
What are the odds that a "activist in the American Muslim community" has this happen to her? :roll: I predict the DoJ pours resources into this and then the story fades away silently as we discover it's BS....
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Re: TGI Fridays unveils (excuse the pun) new bacon iced tea.

Post by BigDave »

Yeah ... I put the odds of this being real at less than 50%.
'Me and my friends were like, “Let's be extra nice to him, because maybe he’s not comfortable with us because we’re Muslim,”’ Queen recalled.
Yeah ... I'm betting it's something closer to this:
'Me and my friends were like, “Let's be extra obnoxious to him, because we're drama whores and that's what we do, having nothing whatsoever to do with our religion.”’
I'm guessing when the Cobb salad came out with bacon on it (and note that the article doesn't say that she asked them to exclude the bacon), I'm assuming she turned the "female dog" level up to around 9 or 10. Then, when he didn't grovel sufficiently, she decided to make up the story about finding bacon in her straw.
The waitress’ gesture struck Queen as slightly odd since she had never gotten a refill to-go after dining in, but she gratefully accepted the foam cup with a straw already inserted into the lid, thinking that the staffer was trying to make up for her colleague’s surly demeanor.
Yeah, that's a very common thing. If your drink is low and you're done with your meal, they offer you a refill in a to go cup because they'd rather you take it with you than sit there and talk while occupying a table.
USN_Hokie wrote:

What are the odds that a "activist in the American Muslim community" has this happen to her? :roll: I predict the DoJ pours resources into this and then the story fades away silently as we discover it's BS....
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
VoiceOfReason
Party: Every chance I get

Post by VoiceOfReason »

BigDave wrote: Yeah, that's a very common thing. If your drink is low and you're done with your meal, they offer you a refill in a to go cup because they'd rather you take it with you than sit there and talk while occupying a table.
Yup. I have been offered a to-go cup of soda plenty of times. I consider it to be a sign of GOOD service and I usually tip accordingly.
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
BigDave wrote: Yeah, that's a very common thing. If your drink is low and you're done with your meal, they offer you a refill in a to go cup because they'd rather you take it with you than sit there and talk while occupying a table.
Yup. I have been offered a to-go cup of soda plenty of times. I consider it to be a sign of GOOD service and I usually tip accordingly.
Oh yes, I didn't mean to imply they were just doing it to kick you out. I'm always glad to have a soda in a to go cup and it's definitely nice of them to offer it.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

She's a convert and an activist ---> militant.

She got bad vibes (my word) from the server when she walked in. I'm sure HER attitude was pleasant and charming.

She has an ax to grind, a score to settle and a jihad to wage.

They are just like we are.

USN_Hokie wrote:

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:

Sounds like her Muslim friends busted her eating pork and then she's like "no, they threw that into my straw and fork, bastages!".
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.