National parks are closed. Unless of course...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

National parks are closed. Unless of course...

Post by oaktonhokie »

you want to protest in favor of an Obama initiative.

The quote says the park is open because of First Amendment rights. As we've discussed before, free speech is for liberals only.

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/park-se ... le/2536908
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
oaktonhokie

Re: National parks are closed. Unless of course...

Post by oaktonhokie »

Am I the only one outraged about this?

I know it's only one of a hundred disgusting/hypocritical/tyrannical/political things this administration has done.

But MAN...!

oaktonhokie wrote:you want to protest in favor of an Obama initiative.

The quote says the park is open because of First Amendment rights. As we've discussed before, free speech is for liberals only.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

When the announcement was made about the closing, it said that there was an exception for protests, etc.
The real question is has anyone been denied a protest/march? If so, that's the time to be angry.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Maybe wwii vets should "protest" at the wwii memorial.

Wasn't there something posted here over the weekend that a kkk rally at Gettysburg was cancelled due to the "shutdown?"

Tyranny is not coming.

It's here. This REALLY burns me.

HokieFanDC wrote:

When the announcement was made about the closing, it said that there was an exception for protests, etc.
The real question is has anyone been denied a protest/march? If so, that's the time to be angry.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

oaktonhokie wrote:Maybe wwii vets should "protest" at the wwii memorial.

Wasn't there something posted here over the weekend that a kkk rally at Gettysburg was cancelled due to the "shutdown?"

Tyranny is not coming.

It's here. This REALLY burns me.

HokieFanDC wrote:

The WWII vets were allowed under the 1st Amendment exemption.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:

Can we have a "protest Tyranny" event and they'll let us back into the Smithonians and other private entites gated by Obama?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Can we have a "protest Tyranny" event and they'll let us back into the Smithonians and other private entites gated by Obama?
Maybe. You should hold a rally and see what happens. If you keep it less then 25 people, I don't think you need a permit. Or you could try and get a permit and see what happens.

The KKK rally was canceled, along with every other event scheduled at the Gettysburg Park.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Maybe. You should hold a rally and see what happens. If you keep it less then 25 people, I don't think you need a permit. Or you could try and get a permit and see what happens.

The KKK rally was canceled, along with every other event scheduled at the Gettysburg Park.
Seems rather one sided, as usual. Not that I like clan, they're the worst of this nation behind the Marxist radicals. But the 1st ammendment is for them as much as it is the illegal alien protest.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Seems rather one sided, as usual. Not that I like clan, they're the worst of this nation behind the Marxist radicals. But the 1st ammendment is for them as much as it is the illegal alien protest.
What's one-sided? No one is holding rallies at Gettysburg. Lots of rallies and events are canceled until it opens again.
It's only one-sided if there are other free speech events being canceled at the National Mall b/c of the shutdown.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

What's one-sided? No one is holding rallies at Gettysburg. Lots of rallies and events are canceled until it opens again.
It's only one-sided if there are other free speech events being canceled at the National Mall b/c of the shutdown.
False, the National Mall isn't the only park where the 1st ammendment applies. Gettysburg is just as valid as the WWII memorial. It's completely one sided.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

False, the National Mall isn't the only park where the 1st ammendment applies. Gettysburg is just as valid as the WWII memorial. It's completely one sided.

What's the "other" side? National Mall and WWII Memorial on one side, and Gettysburg Park on the other? OK. Fine. But I'm not sure "who" is on each side in this one.

And FWIW, the KKK still held their rally, they just couldn't hold it in Gettysburg Park.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

With a tyrannical government, the tyrant decides which laws should be enforced. NOT Doma, NOT immigration for example.

With a tyrannical government, the tyrant decides who gets to be exempted from laws that he otherwise likes.

With a tyrannical government, the tyrant circumvents the laws and the constitution by using executive orders and his ministers to enact laws, regulations and restrictions.

The kkk according to the Marxist was not a free speech issue and was not allowed to march.
The open borders advocates according to the Marxist ARE about free speech and are allowed to march.

Priorities. For hypocrites.

HokieFanDC wrote:

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

What's the "other" side? National Mall and WWII Memorial on one side, and Gettysburg Park on the other? OK. Fine. But I'm not sure "who" is on each side in this one.

And FWIW, the KKK still held their rally, they just couldn't hold it in Gettysburg Park.
Pro illegal aliens on one side, the other racists on the other. They're not getting equal treatment.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Pro illegal aliens on one side, the other racists on the other. They're not getting equal treatment.
What part don't you get? The KKK rally was scheduled in PA. All the rallies and events in PA were canceled. The Pro illegal alian rally is being held on the National Mall.
Do you not see the difference?

The "sides" would be if there was a conservative event at the National Mall that was denied, or if there was a liberal event at Gettysburg that was allowed.

2 different places, 2 different rules. The difference is geography, not ideology...unless there's some other action taking place. I'm not saying that there isn't, but comparing the 2 doesn't make any sense.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Sorry dc, not buying it. Are you suggesting that the nps for pa is autonomous from the nps in dc and other jurisdictions?

Really?

And it's just a coincidence that the one that stopped a demonstration was for scummy kkk guys, and the one that was approved was a pro Obama, open borders, overwhelm the system, love the victims group.

Really, you buying that?

HokieFanDC wrote:

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

[quote="oaktonhokie"]Sorry dc, not buying it. Are you suggesting that the nps for pa is autonomous from the nps in dc and other jurisdictions?

Really?

And it's just a coincidence that the one that stopped a demonstration was for scummy kkk guys, and the one that was approved was a pro Obama, open borders, overwhelm the system, love the victims group.

Really, you buying that?

[quote="HokieFanDC"]

If you would even come close to accurately portray what was stopped and what wasn't, I could respond to you. But, it's like you don't even know what you're talking about.
Answer me this.
Do you think that the KKK rally was the ONLY event canceled at Gettysburg?
Do you think that the immigration reform rally is the ONLY event happening at the National Mall?

Answering those questions would at least be a start in understanding the situation.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:Sorry dc, not buying it. Are you suggesting that the nps for pa is autonomous from the nps in dc and other jurisdictions?

Really?

Really, you buying that?
HokieFanDC wrote:
If you would even come close to accurately portray what was stopped and what wasn't, I could respond to you. But, it's like you don't even know what you're talking about.
Answer me this.
Do you think that the immigration reform rally is the ONLY event happening at the National Mall?

Answering those questions would at least be a start in understanding the situation.

Thats an arbitrary distinction.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

You make a fair point and it will be compelling if you can tell me what others were allowed in dc (and if any were opposed to obama stuff) and what others were cancelled in pa. And what if any were allowed in pa.

Not trying to pick a fight. But you seem to be assuming that the administration is fair and even handed in this and I cannot (you're right, I cannot) prove my point. My evidence is anecdotal.

And my bias is NOT to believe or trust this government and especially this administration.

If you have evidence to prove your point, please provide it.

Again, not being snarky, but your evidence is no stronger than mine. Less strong in fact because you just assuming the government is being fair. I cited examples.

You...?

HokieFanDC wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:Sorry dc, not buying it. Are you suggesting that the nps for pa is autonomous from the nps in dc and other jurisdictions?

Really?

Really, you buying that?
HokieFanDC wrote:
Answer me this.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Well, there is a community organizing angle to both. So, they're alike that way.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Here's a link about ALL events at Gettysburg being canceled, ie none being allowed.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index. ... _canc.html

I don't know what other events were allowed in DC. I didn't know anything about this one until you posted.
But, you just proved my point. My point isn't that the administration is fair or even-handed. I never said that.
My exact point was that you are getting angry at something, when you have no evidence that what you said has actually occurred, other than your own long-standing personal issues and bias with Obama and the WH. Your evidence isn't even anecdotal. Anecdotal evidence would be that the reform rally occurred and you heard that conservative rallies were denied.
Your bias leads you to make broad claims without evidence, whether they are true or not. If you want to be an informed voter, you would rely on evidence, not bias.
It's a fairly standard tactic. Make a claim without evidence. Stand by it. At some later date, make another claim, and use the prior claim that had no evidence, as proof of the new claim. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

oaktonhokie wrote:You make a fair point and it will be compelling if you can tell me what others were allowed in dc (and if any were opposed to obama stuff) and what others were cancelled in pa. And what if any were allowed in pa.

Not trying to pick a fight. But you seem to be assuming that the administration is fair and even handed in this and I cannot (you're right, I cannot) prove my point. My evidence is anecdotal.

And my bias is NOT to believe or trust this government and especially this administration.

Again, not being snarky, but your evidence is no stronger than mine. Less strong in fact because you just assuming the government is being fair. I cited examples.

You...?

HokieFanDC wrote:

Really?

Really, you buying that?
HokieFanDC wrote:
Answer me this.

oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Thank you for the lecture. And with all due respect, I had evidence. I did not have proof, I had anecdotal evidence. You offer nothing other than to say that my evidence is not compelling.

Fine.

Show me where other events were allowed in DC parks. There are scores of examples in DC were events were not allowed.

And a blatant example of of a left-wing immigration group being allowed to proceed.

Please provide an example of a right-wing group or a non Obama sanctioned group being afforded a permit in DC.

Again, I appreciate the lecture.

HokieFanDC wrote:Here's a link about ALL events at Gettysburg being canceled, ie none being allowed.

I don't know what other events were allowed in DC. I didn't know anything about this one until you posted.
But, you just proved my point. My point isn't that the administration is fair or even-handed. I never said that.
My exact point was that you are getting angry at something, when you have no evidence that what you said has actually occurred, other than your own long-standing personal issues and bias with Obama and the WH. Your evidence isn't even anecdotal. Anecdotal evidence would be that the reform rally occurred and you heard that conservative rallies were denied.
Your bias leads you to make broad claims without evidence, whether they are true or not. If you want to be an informed voter, you would rely on evidence, not bias.
It's a fairly standard tactic. Make a claim without evidence. Stand by it. At some later date, make another claim, and use the prior claim that had no evidence, as proof of the new claim. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

oaktonhokie wrote:You make a fair point and it will be compelling if you can tell me what others were allowed in dc (and if any were opposed to obama stuff) and what others were cancelled in pa. And what if any were allowed in pa.

You...?

HokieFanDC wrote:

Really?

Really, you buying that?
HokieFanDC wrote:
Answer me this.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Well, the WWII veterans were allowed into the WWII Memorial, so that's on example.
But, that's not really what is needed. What is needed is an anti Obama group being denied a rally on the Mall, or actually having a rally on the mall.

That's like searching for a needle in a haystack. It's not like the permit info is posted anywhere. When the rallies happen, they happen. It's VERY likely that if a conservative group were denied a permit on the National Mall, one of the many conservative websites would be blaring it all over the internet. My anecdotal evidence is that since that hasn't happen, it hasn't occurred.
You made the assumption that the KKK was targeted. You asked me to provide evidence that other events were canceled. I provided proof. And, of course, you conveniently ignore that, and move on.

oaktonhokie wrote:Thank you for the lecture. And with all due respect, I had evidence. I did not have proof, I had anecdotal evidence. You offer nothing other than to say that my evidence is not compelling.

Fine.

Show me where other events were allowed in DC parks. There are scores of examples in DC were events were not allowed.

And a blatant example of of a left-wing immigration group being allowed to proceed.

Please provide an example of a right-wing group or a non Obama sanctioned group being afforded a permit in DC.

HokieFanDC wrote:Here's a link about ALL events at Gettysburg being canceled, ie none being allowed.

You...?

HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Answer me this.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:Well, the WWII veterans were allowed into the WWII Memorial, so that's on example.
But, that's not really what is needed. What is needed is an anti Obama group being denied a rally on the Mall, or actually having a rally on the mall.

That's like searching for a needle in a haystack. It's not like the permit info is posted anywhere. When the rallies happen, they happen. It's VERY likely that if a conservative group were denied a permit on the National Mall, one of the many conservative websites would be blaring it all over the internet. My anecdotal evidence is that since that hasn't happen, it hasn't occurred.
You made the assumption that the KKK was targeted. You asked me to provide evidence that other events were canceled. I provided proof. And, of course, you conveniently ignore that, and move on.

oaktonhokie wrote:Thank you for the lecture. And with all due respect, I had evidence. I did not have proof, I had anecdotal evidence. You offer nothing other than to say that my evidence is not compelling.

Fine.

You...?

HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Answer me this.

The vets were allowed in because they were with congressmen. Congressmen have the power to inspect federal sites on demand and said the vets were inspectors with them. That's how ridiculous Obama has made this.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:Well, the WWII veterans were allowed into the WWII Memorial, so that's on example.

Fine.

You...?

HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Answer me this.

The vets were allowed in because they were with congressmen. Congressmen have the power to inspect federal sites on demand and said the vets were inspectors with them. That's how ridiculous Obama has made this.

If you say so...
This, from 10/2.

“The NPS has granted veterans access to the World War II memorial as part of a First Amendment activity,” NPS spokeswoman Carol Johnson said, noting the Honor Flights will be allowed to access the grounds each day going forward.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Well, the WWII veterans were allowed into the WWII Memorial, so that's on example.

Fine.

You...?

HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Answer me this.

If you say so...
This, from 10/2.

“The NPS has granted veterans access to the World War II memorial as part of a First Amendment activity,” NPS spokeswoman Carol Johnson said, noting the Honor Flights will be allowed to access the grounds each day going forward.
Nope, the congressmen got the access.