Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Jeezy Peezy Lemon Squeezy!!!

Post by Major Kong »

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Jeezy Peezy Lemon Squeezy!!!

Post by awesome guy »

What?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:What?
Tennessee/VT game @ Bristol

Kong is fancy...he can hyperlink his text.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:What?
Tennessee/VT game @ Bristol

Kong is fancy...he can hyperlink his text.

Not on the tapatalk:(

Hope this isn't an omen
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Yep, Bill Roth and Jim Weaver were hinting around at this on TTL this past Monday. I believe there are serious discussions on-going.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Yep, Bill Roth and Jim Weaver were hinting around at this on TTL this past Monday. I believe there are serious discussions on-going.

Bristol has a giant tower/scoreboard right in the middle of the infield. Seems like a tough thing to disassemble. Would be awesome if this were the case though.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

You're right.

But if they do tear it down, and put the football field right in the middle, I imagine the entire field would look tiny from up in the stands. Its hard to tell, but it looks like you could put multiple football fields in the middle of that thing. I hope they have a HUGE video board!
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Yep, Bill Roth and Jim Weaver were hinting around at this on TTL this past Monday. I believe there are serious discussions on-going.

Bristol has a giant tower/scoreboard right in the middle of the infield. Seems like a tough thing to disassemble. Would be awesome if this were the case though.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Major Kong

WCYB Channel 5 Bristol announced it...

Post by Major Kong »

on the evening telecast.

I've never seen a race at Bristol but I have gone to the Christmas in Lights and driven on the track and I believe the overall sight lines will be pretty good.

Bruton Smith, the track owner, knows how to do things right and they're talking +160,000 at least.

My biggest concern is that the offenses will only be able to run to the left. :P

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: WCYB Channel 5 Bristol announced it...

Post by ip_law-hokie »

some of the zingers in the vol thread were great.

favorites:

"Va Tech already working on some ugly uniforms for that game"

"Is this one of those "You might be a redneck if" jokes."

Major Kong wrote:on the evening telecast.

I've never seen a race at Bristol but I have gone to the Christmas in Lights and driven on the track and I believe the overall sight lines will be pretty good.

Bruton Smith, the track owner, knows how to do things right and they're talking +160,000 at least.

My biggest concern is that the offenses will only be able to run to the left. :P
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Major Kong

Re: WCYB Channel 5 Bristol announced it...

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:some of the zingers in the vol thread were great.

favorites:

"Va Tech already working on some ugly uniforms for that game"

"Is this one of those "You might be a redneck if" jokes."
UT making redneck jokes about VT is like UVa making fun of John Hopkins for being douche bags. :P

Besides UT is the flagship land grant school for TN.

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Yep! Awesome news. That place will be packed to rim. What a spectacle and very nice exposure for both programs.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

That picture is deceiving. The stands are more vertical than the picture would lead one to believe. Maybe not Lane vertical, but definitely not L.A. Coliseum spread out. The infield isn't that large in person either. At least to the best of my recollection. I think it will be a great venue. And certainly no worse than nose-bleed seats at Neyland Stadium. ;)

UpstateSCHokie wrote:You're right.

But if they do tear it down, and put the football field right in the middle, I imagine the entire field would look tiny from up in the stands. Its hard to tell, but it looks like you could put multiple football fields in the middle of that thing. I hope they have a HUGE video board!
HokieFanDC wrote:

"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson