Msnbc says it's good news for chris christy that

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

Msnbc says it's good news for chris christy that

Post by oaktonhokie »

He wasn't invited to the values voters convention. He wasn't invited to the cpac meeting either. "What was the excuse this time?"

Politico quest said Christy is a winner, and will have to be dealt with. Even democrats told me he can win. Would you rather be right, or would you rather win?

Paraphrasing here, "To give you an idea of the tone of the meeting, before the thing started, before the plenary session, before anything else, they had a prayer meeting."

He couldn't resist smirking as he said it.

Msnbc.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
oaktonhokie

Re: Msnbc says it's good news for chris christy that

Post by oaktonhokie »

Protesters are disrupting ted cruz as he speaks at the conference.

Free speech is for libs only.

oaktonhokie wrote:He wasn't invited to the values voters convention. He wasn't invited to the cpac meeting either. "What was the excuse this time?"

Politico quest said Christy is a winner, and will have to be dealt with. Even democrats told me he can win. Would you rather be right, or would you rather win?

Paraphrasing here, "To give you an idea of the tone of the meeting, before the thing started, before the plenary session, before anything else, they had a prayer meeting."

Msnbc.
VoiceOfReason
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Every chance I get

Post by VoiceOfReason »

oaktonhokie wrote:He wasn't invited to the values voters convention. He wasn't invited to the cpac meeting either. "What was the excuse this time?"

Msnbc.
First of all... it's MSNBC. Not like it's a real news media.

If you guys start thinking with your heads and not your hearts, you will realize that the national majority wants nothing to do with a values conservative. Chris Christie realizes this and is positioning himself as the sane one in the house of crazies. And, yes... moderates and undecideds may very well give him a chance. IMHO... (and it's not just me)... CC is the most electable R in the field today from a general election standpoint.

This country is NOT going to become a conservative utopia... so once the Rs stop trying to run candidates that are hard right... they will continue to lose.

The better question is... who would you rather see as prez in 2016? CC or Hillary? If you say Ted Cruz or any of his ilk... you may as well say Hillary. Just my opinion of course... but look at last election. Ever see a weaker incumbent win? Whose fault is that? LOL!
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

VoiceOfReason wrote:

Msnbc.

If you guys start thinking with your heads and not your hearts, you will realize that the national majority wants nothing to do with a values conservative. Chris Christie realizes this and is positioning himself as the sane one in the house of crazies. And, yes... moderates and undecideds may very well give him a chance. IMHO... (and it's not just me)... CC is the most electable R in the field today from a general election standpoint.

This country is NOT going to become a conservative utopia... so once the Rs stop trying to run candidates that are hard right... they will continue to lose.

The better question is... who would you rather see as prez in 2016? CC or Hillary? If you say Ted Cruz or any of his ilk... you may as well say Hillary. Just my opinion of course... but look at last election. Ever see a weaker incumbent win? Whose fault is that? LOL!

Bush, McCain, and Romney are hard right? I think you're saying more about where your beliefs fall on the political spectrum than theirs
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I love it when libs (on msnbc, not YOU) tell Republicans what is good for us.

And journalism students (the guys who will be journalizing when they grow up) often cited msnbc as a source for their news. Along with twitter and jon stewart. No mention of fox news.

VoiceOfReason wrote:

Msnbc.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

awesome guy wrote: Bush, McCain, and Romney are hard right? I think you're saying more about where your beliefs fall on the political spectrum than theirs
AG -> You do make a solid point here. You are VERY correct that Bush, McCain and Romney were hardly hard-right. As you and I know, they are MUCH closer to center than the TP.

IMHO, this is the only thing that gave them a chance... and Bush had more than a chance... he won twice.

Hey look, if you think the problem with the Rs is that their national conservatives are not conservative enough... go ahead and run Cruz. If you think he is electable, then go for it. Maybe that's what you guys need is to see what the country REALLY thinks about your politics. But... know full well that such an experiment would lead to 8 more years of Hillary... IMHO.
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

oaktonhokie wrote:I love it when libs (on msnbc, not YOU) tell Republicans what is good for us.

And journalism students (the guys who will be journalizing when they grow up) often cited msnbc as a source for their news. Along with twitter and jon stewart. No mention of fox news.
And the next Limbaugh and Hannity will spout Fox as real news.

And you lay off Jon Stewart! He is funny as hell and sadly more accurate than either Fox or MSNBC! :mrgreen:
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
awesome guy wrote: Bush, McCain, and Romney are hard right? I think you're saying more about where your beliefs fall on the political spectrum than theirs
AG -> You do make a solid point here. You are VERY correct that Bush, McCain and Romney were hardly hard-right. As you and I know, they are MUCH closer to center than the TP.

IMHO, this is the only thing that gave them a chance... and Bush had more than a chance... he won twice.

Hey look, if you think the problem with the Rs is that their national conservatives are not conservative enough... go ahead and run Cruz. If you think he is electable, then go for it. Maybe that's what you guys need is to see what the country REALLY thinks about your politics. But... know full well that such an experiment would lead to 8 more years of Hillary... IMHO.
We're going to vault off your guys 37% approval into the White House. Right now the nation thinks we're heading down the wrong path, which is also your utopia. Only 17% think we're heading in the right direction. A generic Republican beats a generic Democrat head to head. And they trust Republicans more on all key issues than Democrats. So keep up the haughty attitude, that's one reason America has turned against your faith.
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

awesome guy wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:

We're going to vault off your guys 37% approval into the White House. Right now the nation thinks we're heading down the wrong path, which is also your utopia. Only 17% think we're heading in the right direction. A generic Republican beats a generic Democrat head to head. And they trust Republicans more on all key issues than Democrats. So keep up the haughty attitude, that's one reason America has turned against your faith.
Wow, that's a lot of big talk from a party that was humiliated less than one year ago. Please do get your hopes up... and don't fix anything... it's more fun for us to watch you cry when you truly believe your own BS, LOL :mrgreen:
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:

Wow, that's a lot of big talk from a party that was humiliated less than one year ago. Please do get your hopes up... and don't fix anything... it's more fun for us to watch you cry when you truly believe your own BS, LOL :mrgreen:
They're the same guys that gave you the biggest congressional defeat since the civil war. Call it talk, but those are what the latest polling have said. You guys are reminding America how hateful and incompetent Democrats are.
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

awesome guy wrote: They're the same guys that gave you the biggest congressional defeat since the civil war. Call it talk, but those are what the latest polling have said. You guys are reminding America how hateful and incompetent Democrats are.
LOL... we JUST HAD an election about this... and your side lost. What has changed since? The shutdown? Made it worse for the Ds? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Holy crap man... whatever you are smoking must be really good.

But, whatever... for you at this point it's about having the last word... cuz' I guess you think that you won... so go ahead... babble on.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
awesome guy wrote: They're the same guys that gave you the biggest congressional defeat since the civil war. Call it talk, but those are what the latest polling have said. You guys are reminding America how hateful and incompetent Democrats are.
LOL... we JUST HAD an election about this... and your side lost. What has changed since? The shutdown? Made it worse for the Ds? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Holy crap man... whatever you are smoking must be really good.

But, whatever... for you at this point it's about having the last word... cuz' I guess you think that you won... so go ahead... babble on.
You, like Obama need to read the constitution and learn the government is more than just the presidency. Yes, you guys lost over 70 seats and that was an epic beat down. You did win the presidency, lost the house big time.
Marine Hokie

Post by Marine Hokie »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
And you lay off Jon Stewart! He is funny as hell and sadly more accurate than either Fox or MSNBC!
This says a lot.
A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

awesome guy wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:

You, like Obama need to read the constitution and learn the government is more than just the presidency. Yes, you guys lost over 70 seats and that was an epic beat down. You did win the presidency, lost the house big time.
That was 2010... what happened to the House in 2012? Who gained seats?
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Marine Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
And you lay off Jon Stewart! He is funny as hell and sadly more accurate than either Fox or MSNBC!
This says a lot.
Indeed it does :mrgreen:
Marine Hokie

Post by Marine Hokie »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
This says a lot.
Yes, it does say a lot that you think a comedy show is a good news source.
A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

VoiceOfReason wrote:

How hard right is what you call the TP?
I don't see the TP as being a hard core religious deal, really. Constitutionalists.

I think the media has led people down a path when it comes to defining the Tea Party for the public.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:

That was 2010... what happened to the House in 2012? Who gained seats?

Every presidential cycle, it seems, the president's party wins seats. Coat tail effect.
Most cycles, the president's party loses seats.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Marine Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
This says a lot.
You either missed the point, or are being sarcastic. No one said that Stewart is a good news source. He is an awful source of news. Just better than the talking heads on Fox and MSNBC that people so often use as their news source. If you had to choose between believing Stewart, Hannity, or O'Donnell, Stewart would be the one with the most credibility.
Marine Hokie

Post by Marine Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
This says a lot.
You either missed the point, or are being sarcastic. No one said that Stewart is a good news source. He is an awful source of news. Just better than the talking heads on Fox and MSNBC that people so often use as their news source. If you had to choose between believing Stewart, Hannity, or O'Donnell, Stewart would be the one with the most credibility.
Ah, you're referring to the opinion talk shows on FNC and MSNBC, not the actual news shows. Not that I encourage people to get their news from FNC or MSNBC news shows, but it would be more than a stretch to compare them to Jon Stewart. If you're referring to the shows that are opinion talk shows, then fine, I don't see any point in saying they are more or less accurate than the Daily Show.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
This says a lot.

LOL, that explains a lot.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Oh good Lord. I've heard it all now. I wouldn't trust anything Stewart says.

HokieFanDC wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
This says a lot.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Marine Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote: This says a lot.
Ah, you're referring to the opinion talk shows on FNC and MSNBC, not the actual news shows. Not that I encourage people to get their news from FNC or MSNBC news shows, but it would be more than a stretch to compare them to Jon Stewart. If you're referring to the shows that are opinion talk shows, then fine, I don't see any point in saying they are more or less accurate than the Daily Show.
Because lots of people listen to Hannity and believe everything he says as if it is the absolute truth. Oakton was complaining about people citing Stewart as a news source. It is a valid criticism. But the complaint loses impact when the complaint comes from someone who uses Glenn Beck and Hannity as a news source.

I doubt you'll find anyone on this board who gets their news from Stewart. But, you will find many here who get news from Fox opinion shows.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Of course you wouldn't. Most people don't look to Stewart for news. They do it to laugh. But would you trust Hannity? Or Beck? Lots of people do. Millions.

HokieJoe wrote:Oh good Lord. I've heard it all now. I wouldn't trust anything Stewart says.

HokieFanDC wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote:
This says a lot.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote: This says a lot.
Because lots of people listen to Hannity and believe everything he says as if it is the absolute truth. Oakton was complaining about people citing Stewart as a news source. It is a valid criticism. But the complaint loses impact when the complaint comes from someone who uses Glenn Beck and Hannity as a news source.

I doubt you'll find anyone on this board who gets their news from Stewart. But, you will find many here who get news from Fox opinion shows.
Oh please. Us on the right are better at discerning news vs. analysis than you fox haters.