Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Every chance I get

Re: Msnbc says it's good news for chris christy that

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Marine Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
And you lay off Jon Stewart! He is funny as hell and sadly more accurate than either Fox or MSNBC!
This says a lot.
Indeed it does :mrgreen:
Yes, it does say a lot that you think a comedy show is a good news source.
Not sure how you get that. I rarely mention Stewart on here... and when I do I am very careful to state that he is a COMEDIAN, not a NEWS REPORTER. Check the record.

Now, I did state a snarky opinion that it is sad that a COMEDY show like Stewart is very often more accurate in reporting the news than partisan networks like Fox or MSNBC. This is a sad commentary and there is more than a grain of truth to that statement.

But don't make the leap that my sources come from the Comedy Channel. I know the difference between news and entertainment. Probably more so that some on this board :mrgreen:
VoiceOfReason
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Every chance I get

Re: Msnbc says it's good news for chris christy that

Post by VoiceOfReason »

RiverguyVT wrote: How hard right is what you call the TP?
I don't see the TP as being a hard core religious deal, really. Constitutionalists.

I think the media has led people down a path when it comes to defining the Tea Party for the public.
Very good question River. I will admit that I do not have a good read on the TP "party line" for social issues. Other than this... I know they have pretty much voted in line with the Rs on social issues and I am not aware of any TP politicians speaking out against conservative social issues.

So... how hard does the TP push for social issues? I don't know... but I do know that they can be and have been counted on for the social conservatives as votes. Which turns the moderate and progressive citizens against them... even if we might agree on some of the financial stances.

Very good post... IMHO, if the TP were to focus JUST on the deficits and not engage either way on the social BS (and do so without these harmful tactics)... their standing among moderates would rise dramatically. In this way, they could be very successful for enacting change.