Grandniece update...

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Grandniece update...

Post by Major Kong »

As most know my grandniece had 3 tumors removed from just above her brain stem last July.

She has done fairly well outside of headaches that get her down a couple of times a month.

The biggest problem she's had is the bullying she experienced at her school when she returned...for some reason the kewl kids thought it was AOK to make fun of the girl with the shaved hair and staples in her head.

She's tough though and has persevered...she is upset that she'll be unable to play travel softball this year but she's there for her teammates.

She's back up in Charlottesville with her Mom (my niece who we raised) and her stepsister for round 2 of surgery on Tuesday. The three tumors that are around L4 & L5. The tumors are benign but they too are causing their own kind of problems.

She's tough and the doctor's are not foreseeing any difficulties (other than the fact it is surgery).
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Grandniece update...

Post by nolanvt »

Well-wishes for her, Major. She's definitely a tough cookie.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Prayers for a full recovery
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:As most know my grandniece had 3 tumors removed from just above her brain stem last July.

She has done fairly well outside of headaches that get her down a couple of times a month.

The biggest problem she's had is the bullying she experienced at her school when she returned...for some reason the kewl kids thought it was AOK to make fun of the girl with the shaved hair and staples in her head.

She's tough though and has persevered...she is upset that she'll be unable to play travel softball this year but she's there for her teammates.

She's back up in Charlottesville with her Mom (my niece who we raised) and her stepsister for round 2 of surgery on Tuesday. The three tumors that are around L4 & L5. The tumors are benign but they too are causing their own kind of problems.

She's tough and the doctor's are not foreseeing any difficulties (other than the fact it is surgery).
Glad she's doing well. Sorry that kids are such dicks.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

tough go for her, wish her the best and a speedy recovery and tell her the loser bullies will be the dorks when she goes to HS reunions that still work at Mickey D's
Major Kong wrote:As most know my grandniece had 3 tumors removed from just above her brain stem last July.