Awe crap my mom is in the hospital this evening...

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Awe crap my mom is in the hospital this evening...

Post by Major Kong »

Her blood pressure dropped and she fell in the dining room and broke a couple of ribs on her left side.

Her blood pressure was 70/40 according to my niece.

Of course my Mom (all 4' 11" of her) wouldn't listen to my sister (who just got home from the hospital after a bout of pneumonia), my niece or nephew. So they called me and I had to threaten her with bodily harm and ridicule to get her to go with the rescue squad. She's had stents put in both carotids seven years ago and just had them cleaned out down in Kingsport a few weeks ago...her doctor said if she has an low blood pressure episode then she is to head to the ER ASAP...of course she tells me tonight that she's had a couple of episodes the last couple of weeks but didn't want to worry anybody.

Her blood pressure has come back up but they're keeping her overnight for observation.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Awe crap my mom is in the hospital this evening...

Post by awesome guy »

Prayers
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Thoughts and well-wishes, Major.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Major Kong wrote:Her blood pressure dropped and she fell in the dining room and broke a couple of ribs on her left side.

Her blood pressure was 70/40 according to my niece.

Of course my Mom (all 4' 11" of her) wouldn't listen to my sister (who just got home from the hospital after a bout of pneumonia), my niece or nephew. So they called me and I had to threaten her with bodily harm and ridicule to get her to go with the rescue squad. She's had stents put in both carotids seven years ago and just had them cleaned out down in Kingsport a few weeks ago...her doctor said if she has an low blood pressure episode then she is to head to the ER ASAP...of course she tells me tonight that she's had a couple of episodes the last couple of weeks but didn't want to worry anybody.

Her blood pressure has come back up but they're keeping her overnight for observation.
My dad was like that in his last few months. Very stubborn and very proud. Eventually it got to the point where we would have to call the paramedics when he would fall down or go into insulin shock. He eventually succumbed to congestional heart failure that was really a result of his diabetes. His legs blew up like balloons and he could not even feel them before he died. Prayers are with your mom.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Any updates Kong? Hope she is doing better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Any updates Kong? Hope she is doing better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
She's still in the hospital waiting for a rehab bed to open up here in Marion...she may get transferred this evening or tomorrow.

The doctor wants her to undergo bed rest for the next 2 weeks...she's still week and only comfortable laying on her back.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.