Damn I feel old, worthless and frustrated...

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Damn I feel old, worthless and frustrated...

Post by Major Kong »

My wife bought an home entertainment center from Monoprice. It arrived today and it didn't look all that hard to put together and really it wasn't.

Unless your hands feel like two balloons and you find it danged near impossible to hold on to any tool. :(

What should have been no more than a ½ hour to complete took nearly 2hrs. :shock:

I got er done and with the help of my wife put our bedroom TV on the stand (43" Samsung Plasma) and secured it...it looks good and I didn't break anything but hellfar I'm getting frustrated.

My doctor says I'm doing alright and what I'm experiencing is to be expected. My tremors are under control to the naked eye but if you look close enough the shaking, tics and trembling are there...more noticeable in the hands and my left eye.

I'm thankful for the medication I'm on and can't imagine what folks did before mirapex, cymbalta and mobic...the 3 I'm taking now.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Homebrew

Re: Damn I feel old, worthless and frustrated...

Post by Homebrew »

Well, the great news is that you are an awesome person and awesome people keep going, no matter the obstacle.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Major Kong wrote:My wife bought an home entertainment center from Monoprice. It arrived today and it didn't look all that hard to put together and really it wasn't.

Unless your hands feel like two balloons and you find it danged near impossible to hold on to any tool. :(

What should have been no more than a ½ hour to complete took nearly 2hrs. :shock:

I got er done and with the help of my wife put our bedroom TV on the stand (43" Samsung Plasma) and secured it...it looks good and I didn't break anything but hellfar I'm getting frustrated.

My doctor says I'm doing alright and what I'm experiencing is to be expected. My tremors are under control to the naked eye but if you look close enough the shaking, tics and trembling are there...more noticeable in the hands and my left eye.

I'm thankful for the medication I'm on and can't imagine what folks did before mirapex, cymbalta and mobic...the 3 I'm taking now.
sorry for your troubles bud, keep on trucking tho as the alternative sucks
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Sorry to hear this Kong. Try to stay positive, keep your chin up, and take it a day at a time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila