Support VA! manufactures

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Support VA! manufactures

Post by awesome guy »

Release Reels are made in VA and they have a new magged version for surf fishing. While I haven't thrown the new magged version, I have the non-magged. And this babies will flat out cast! They're machined from a single piece of aircraft grade aluminum, built like a tank, and have an amazing 40 lbs. of drag. They were originally built for charter boat captains as braid balls for striper fishing and jigging, thus the crazy drag. They've added breaking for the surf version to make it easier to control. But in all honesty, I think the other version is easy to control for a brakeless reel. Just thumb it a little. When I finish my 2 new cat fishing rods hopefully next week, I'm moving my Saltist 30s off 2 of my surf poles into the cat rods and getting a couple of these for the surf rods. I'm proud they're made right here in the Commonwealth.

Release Reels
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Support VA! manufactures

Post by awesome guy »

and while I'm at it, these guys sponsor the VA Tech Bass Fishing Team. They're from PA, but still make what I think is the best casting line out there. It's very soft, yet strong. There process makes the line about twice as strong as the stated break strength. I use 17lb. on all my surf setups which has a breaking strength closer to 36lbs. So I can get on over 300 yards of line and still cast out to the second sandbar. That comes in handy when getting a 6 foot shark with a redfish reel. I'm putting the 30lb test line on my catfishing rods to see how that works out. Anyway, these guys seem to be good sponsors for the team. They have VT gear at the Fishing Expo and the VT team swears by it for bass fishing. Ironically, bass fishing is about the only kind I don't do.

Gamma Fishing Line.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.