The mets should throw at utley next game. I don't like

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
oaktonhokie

The mets should throw at utley next game. I don't like

Post by oaktonhokie »

throwing at hitters.

And I'd never throw at the head. But that slide was dirty.

A slide has to go to the bag, not the player. The "slide" was late, it was more like hurling himself at the player, than sliding into a base.

While i'm on my baseball soapbox, the "in the vicinity" rule for a force at second is a bad joke. If the player doesn't touch the base, the runner is safe. Tag the freaking base.

FTR, I want the dodgers to win. I don't like the mets and from what I hear, I think Kershaw is this generation's Koufax.

Utley should have been kicked out of the game and suspended for the rest of the post season.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: The mets should throw at utley next game. I don't like

Post by nolanvt »

I'd throw at Utley, too, if the game situation warranted it. Hell, I might throw at A-Gon or Joc, as well. Utley's been a dirty player for a long time, and I'm traditionally one of those people who doesn't like baseball's "unwritten rules", "the code", etc.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:throwing at hitters.

A slide has to go to the bag, not the player. The "slide" was late, it was more like hurling himself at the player, than sliding into a base.

While i'm on my baseball soapbox, the "in the vicinity" rule for a force at second is a bad joke. If the player doesn't touch the base, the runner is safe. Tag the freaking base.

FTR, I want the dodgers to win. I don't like the mets and from what I hear, I think Kershaw is this generation's Koufax.

Utley should have been kicked out of the game and suspended for the rest of the post season.
Dirty ex-Philly, Chase Utley tried to tak out Ruben Tejada in a similar play a few years ago. Harvey purposefully threw at Utley in a game this spring, as the Mets and Phillies had altercations throughout the year. I hope his suspension is reversed and Harvey drills him again (with a 6 run lead).

Re the "neighborhood play," that is supposed to be unreviewable. The ump called the dirty player ex-Philly out, and Tejada was trying to turn a double play. The dirty player should not have been ruled safe.

Right on everything else, but wrong on removing the neighborhood play. Middle infielders would get killed.

Update: Good news - dirty ex-Philly player may play tonight. Hope he knows a good dentist in the city.

http://deadspin.com/report-chase-utley- ... 1736032321
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:throwing at hitters.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xA4J-G0ht3I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.