Anyone bought one of the $50 Amazon Fire tablets?

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Anyone bought one of the $50 Amazon Fire tablets?

Post by BigDave »

It is nowhere close to as nice as the high end Kindle Fire HDX tablets (which I like better than the iPad), but at $50 it's hard to argue with it. Last night, I put the ESPNU football game on it and had it running on a table next to me while our game was on the big TV.

It's ridiculous that a tablet is now cheaper than a ticket to a football game. Instead of seeing the last matchup between Frank Beamer and Mike London, you can now buy a tablet and still have money left over.
Amazon Fire 7.jpg
Amazon Fire 7.jpg (260.82 KiB) Viewed 1350 times
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
UpstateSCHokie

Re: Anyone bought one of the $50 Amazon Fire tablets?

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I just bought 2 (one for each of my kids for Christmas). I just hope you can play Minecraft on it, b/c that's all my kids want to do these days.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:I just bought 2 (one for each of my kids for Christmas). I just hope you can play Minecraft on it, b/c that's all my kids want to do these days.
Eventually they grow out of Minecraft, but then all they want to do is Sims, CounterStrike or Team Fortress 2.

My wife just wiped all games from their laptops....report cards arrived and we not stellar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I got my Mom one and she likes it...not as nice as my Fire 7" HDX but as you said for $50 pretty darn good.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.