Is the HBO show "Curb Your Enthusiasm" any good?

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
UpstateSCHokie

Is the HBO show "Curb Your Enthusiasm" any good?

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I loved Seinfeld and I know Larry David was really the genius behind the whole show. Hell, George's character was based on David's real life. So I would think Curb Your Enthusiasm should be pretty good too right? But I don't hear nearly as much about it as I do Seinfeld.

And yes I know Larry David is an uber-lib, but at least he's one of the one's that doesn't care much about PC. And he's funny as hell so who cares!

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: Is the HBO show "Curb Your Enthusiasm" any good?

Post by HokieJoe »

I like it a lot. You have to take the time to get into the characters though. It didn't click for me until I actually watched several episodes.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:I loved Seinfeld and I know Larry David was really the genius behind the whole show. Hell, George's character was based on David's real life. So I would think Curb Your Enthusiasm should be pretty good too right? But I don't hear nearly as much about it as I do Seinfeld.

And yes I know Larry David is an uber-lib, but at least he's one of the one's that doesn't care much about PC. And he's funny as hell so who cares!
It's pretty pretty pretty pretty good.
People who know, know.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:I loved Seinfeld and I know Larry David was really the genius behind the whole show. Hell, George's character was based on David's real life. So I would think Curb Your Enthusiasm should be pretty good too right? But I don't hear nearly as much about it as I do Seinfeld.

Like Joe said, LD takes some time to warm to. After a few episodes you start not wanting to punch him, and instead begin to enjoy his humor. After a while it became one of my favorite shows on TV.

If you liked Seinfeld, I expect you will like this a lot too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
UpstateSCHokie

Re: Is the HBO show

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Like Joe said, LD takes some time to warm to. After a few episodes you start not wanting to punch him, and instead begin to enjoy his humor. After a while it became one of my favorite shows on TV.

Thanks you guys are right. I've watched a few episodes now and the more I watch the more I like it.

I'll say this though, the chick that plays his ex-wife is a lot hotter than his real-life ex-wife.

Is this based on his real life sort of like George Castanza was based on his real life?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Thanks you guys are right. I've watched a few episodes now and the more I watch the more I like it.

I'll say this though, the chick that plays his ex-wife is a lot hotter than his real-life ex-wife.

Is this based on his real life sort of like George Castanza was based on his real life?
That's kind of my understanding.

His agents' wife, Wanda, crazy eyes killer, and the other black guy make the show IMO.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

JB Smoove is hilarious.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson