Weather Channel removed from DirecTV

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Weather Channel removed from DirecTV

Post by nolanvt »

and, of course, they're rabble rousing about it, citing their importance during major weather events blah blah blah irresponsible for DirecTV to remove them from the air blah blah blah.

It basically comes down to this: the Weather Channel is a very replaceable commodity which gave DirecTV the negotiating leverage. DirecTV is smart not to pay a higher price for a channel when they can opt to show AccuWeather when they form their own 24/7 channel. Besides, if there's a major weather event, consumers can easily opt for their local news to get the important details.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: Weather Channel removed from DirecTV

Post by Major Kong »

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: Weather Channel removed from DirecTV

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:and, of course, they're rabble rousing about it, citing their importance during major weather events blah blah blah irresponsible for DirecTV to remove them from the air blah blah blah.

It basically comes down to this: the Weather Channel is a very replaceable commodity which gave DirecTV the negotiating leverage. DirecTV is smart not to pay a higher price for a channel when they can opt to show AccuWeather when they form their own 24/7 channel. Besides, if there's a major weather event, consumers can easily opt for their local news to get the important details.
Are there really a lot of Directv customers who don't have broadband, and thus can't go to weather.com? Both are sophisticated, kinda, services.

I don't get the big deal either. In my front yard I have a "smart rock". It says, "if I am wet, it is raining" on it. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila