how do you carry your yak?

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
awesome guy
Party: After 10

how do you carry your yak?

Post by awesome guy »

I have a roof rack on my truck. Thinking about getting one of these though for those days I paddle 12 hours straight and don't feel like lifting it back over my head. On a related note, I can't wait for it to warm up enough to get back out on the yak. I went out in the Atlantic yesterday in a 24 foot boat in 4-6 foot seas with the occasional 6-8 foot set. Needless to say my back is killing me today. It was kind of dicey getting back in, waves were breaking over the stern going out and almost over the bow. We couldn't go but 5-8 mph without getting the crap knocked out of us and we made it 8 miles offshore before turning back. I'd rather have my arms on fire from paddling than lower back pain from keeping upright on rough seas.

http://www.kayakfishmag.com/gear/the-t- ... -extender/
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
oaktonhokie

Re: how do you carry your yak?

Post by oaktonhokie »

Not sure, but the white house lets the yak have her own plane to travel to lavish vacation sites.

Is that what you meant?

awesome guy wrote:I have a roof rack on my truck. Thinking about getting one of these though for those days I paddle 12 hours straight and don't feel like lifting it back over my head. On a related note, I can't wait for it to warm up enough to get back out on the yak. I went out in the Atlantic yesterday in a 24 foot boat in 4-6 foot seas with the occasional 6-8 foot set. Needless to say my back is killing me today. It was kind of dicey getting back in, waves were breaking over the stern going out and almost over the bow. We couldn't go but 5-8 mph without getting the crap knocked out of us and we made it 8 miles offshore before turning back. I'd rather have my arms on fire from paddling than lower back pain from keeping upright on rough seas.

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

oaktonhokie wrote:Not sure, but the white house lets the yak have her own plane to travel to lavish vacation sites.

Is that what you meant?

awesome guy wrote:I have a roof rack on my truck. Thinking about getting one of these though for those days I paddle 12 hours straight and don't feel like lifting it back over my head. On a related note, I can't wait for it to warm up enough to get back out on the yak. I went out in the Atlantic yesterday in a 24 foot boat in 4-6 foot seas with the occasional 6-8 foot set. Needless to say my back is killing me today. It was kind of dicey getting back in, waves were breaking over the stern going out and almost over the bow. We couldn't go but 5-8 mph without getting the crap knocked out of us and we made it 8 miles offshore before turning back. I'd rather have my arms on fire from paddling than lower back pain from keeping upright on rough seas.

yes, exactly.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Shouldn't your yak carry you?
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:Shouldn't your yak carry you?

I was short on funds and could only afford a pygmy yak.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

When I was a wee lad in Varina I won a model contest by putting together a nice Yak 3 in a dynarama display. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.