In need of a serious caffeine rush to get through the last

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

In need of a serious caffeine rush to get through the last

Post by nolanvt »

portion of my REG lecture this evening after work (literally may have only gotten about four hours of sleep last night), so I'm going to revert back to my WV roots and have a Honey Bun and a Mt. Dew across the street at CVS when the clock hits 5:00.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: In need of a serious caffeine rush to get through the la

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:portion of my REG lecture this evening after work (literally may have only gotten about four hours of sleep last night), so I'm going to revert back to my WV roots and have a Honey Bun and a Mt. Dew across the street at CVS when the clock hits 5:00.
I vote NO! As a habitual night owl, fishing on 2 hours of sleep, driving 2.5 hours to fish 8 and then drive 2.5 back home kind of guy, nothing keeps you awake better than a Monster. Don't get the high sugar and carb one, get the new one in the bright red can with 0 carbs and sugar. It'll keep you up. But they keep me up like 10 hours straight. So make sure you take it 10 hours before you want to sleep. They're so effective, I left my house at 7 pm, got to the bay at 10, fished from 10 pm till 2 pm the next day, while getting the crap knocked out of me in 5 foot seas. I got a Monster when we got back to the Marina. Drove 2.5 hours home and couldn't sleep till 4am. So now I drink one as I'm leaving and then will generally be able to sleep when I get home, depending on the length of the trip of course.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

nolanvt wrote:portion of my REG lecture this evening after work (literally may have only gotten about four hours of sleep last night), so I'm going to revert back to my WV roots and have a Honey Bun and a Mt. Dew across the street at CVS when the clock hits 5:00.
I know how you feel. One of the best investments of my life was a large cup of coffee each day before I went to school after work. I'm not sure if it was the caffeine, or the act of sipping something the first half of class. I hated spending $2 on a cup of coffee when I make better coffee at home for a lot less. But, it helped me stay awake, which made it much easier.
People who know, know.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
I vote NO! As a habitual night owl, fishing on 2 hours of sleep, driving 2.5 hours to fish 8 and then drive 2.5 back home kind of guy, nothing keeps you awake better than a Monster. Don't get the high sugar and carb one, get the new one in the bright red can with 0 carbs and sugar. It'll keep you up. But they keep me up like 10 hours straight. So make sure you take it 10 hours before you want to sleep. They're so effective, I left my house at 7 pm, got to the bay at 10, fished from 10 pm till 2 pm the next day, while getting the crap knocked out of me in 5 foot seas. I got a Monster when we got back to the Marina. Drove 2.5 hours home and couldn't sleep till 4am. So now I drink one as I'm leaving and then will generally be able to sleep when I get home, depending on the length of the trip of course.
Shocker. My poor decision-making led to poor results - didn't sleep well last night again and am groggy today.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

TheH2 wrote:
I know how you feel. One of the best investments of my life was a large cup of coffee each day before I went to school after work. I'm not sure if it was the caffeine, or the act of sipping something the first half of class. I hated spending $2 on a cup of coffee when I make better coffee at home for a lot less. But, it helped me stay awake, which made it much easier.
I had already had a cup of coffee yesterday prior to 5:00 yesterday and thought I'd try something different. Ah well. Yesterday was a lost day of sorts. Fortunately, the section I'm studying right now isn't too bad (Business Law and Tax Law) and feel pretty confident of passing it.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Shocker. My poor decision-making led to poor results - didn't sleep well last night again and am groggy today.
stimulants are a downward spiral for sure if you don't plan them out.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
I had already had a cup of coffee yesterday prior to 5:00 yesterday and thought I'd try something different. Ah well. Yesterday was a lost day of sorts. Fortunately, the section I'm studying right now isn't too bad (Business Law and Tax Law) and feel pretty confident of passing it.
Good luck, sounds like a rough couple days.
People who know, know.