What is on your Super Bowl Party menu?

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

What is on your Super Bowl Party menu?

Post by nolanvt »

We're not hosting this year, but I generally favor finger foods of the non-sticky/greasy/messy type. Not that I don't like those foods, but I'd rather not focus on making sure I keep my clothes and furniture clean while also eating, drinking, watching the game, and checking out Twitter.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Re: What is on your Super Bowl Party menu?

Post by Florida Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:We're not hosting this year, but I generally favor finger foods of the non-sticky/greasy/messy type. Not that I don't like those foods, but I'd rather not focus on making sure I keep my clothes and furniture clean while also eating, drinking, watching the game, and checking out Twitter.
Wings
Barbeque Pork in slow cooker
chips and Velveeta and rotel (Don't knock it - crack-worthy)
Banana pudding

bourbon/beer/wine

Just us and the MIL. We do it every year with the meat dishes rotated out.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:We're not hosting this year, but I generally favor finger foods of the non-sticky/greasy/messy type. Not that I don't like those foods, but I'd rather not focus on making sure I keep my clothes and furniture clean while also eating, drinking, watching the game, and checking out Twitter.
Wings
Banana pudding

bourbon/beer/wine

whoa, that's all meat. Are you off the vegan diet?

My only objection is your erroneous belief that barbecue can come from a slow cooker. It MUST be smoked to be barbecue. Otherwise it's just slow cooked pork shoulder. Rather than using the proper name, I suggest using the proper technique and smoking that butt!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Wings
Banana pudding

bourbon/beer/wine

My only objection is your erroneous belief that barbecue can come from a slow cooker. It MUST be smoked to be barbecue. Otherwise it's just slow cooked pork shoulder. Rather than using the proper name, I suggest using the proper technique and smoking that butt!
P.S. Velveeta and rotel is da bomb.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Wings
Banana pudding

bourbon/beer/wine

I was never vegan, nor the MRs. She was vegetarian. She always ate eggs and cheese but she now eats chicken too, hence wings. I dont have a smoker of note and my grill will be busy with wings. I accept your revised definition of my pork dish but, to note, it is GOOD.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Wings
Banana pudding

bourbon/beer/wine

I was never vegan, nor the MRs. She was vegetarian. She always ate eggs and cheese but she now eats chicken too, hence wings. I dont have a smoker of note and my grill will be busy with wings. I accept your revised definition of my pork dish but, to note, it is GOOD.
it can't handle wings and a butt? For $130 you can get a kicking smoker at wal-mart. I think they're add Home Depot now too for about the same price. They're Brinksman knock offs, but are awesome. I can smoke 6 racks of ribs and 2-4 butts on it at the same time. You should really go to Home Depot, they also have exotic smoking woods like apple, cherry, and sometimes pecan in addition to hickory and mesquite.

Pork doesn't HAVE to be smoked to be good, but it sure helps. I saw Giada De Laurentiis do some ribs in the oven, attempting some kind of Mediterranean thing with rosemary and balsamic vinegar. She might as well have been leading a Satan prayer in my eyes. I was angrier than CW at the chick at Chic-Fil-A. It looked like it may, could have, theoretically, might have been alright. But even if it is, it will still never sit right with me. Pork just asks to be smoked. You may be able to get away with liquid smoke, but even that can lead to a life of sin in the crock pot.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Wings
Banana pudding

bourbon/beer/wine

it can't handle wings and a butt? For $130 you can get a kicking smoker at wal-mart. I think they're add Home Depot now too for about the same price. They're Brinksman knock offs, but are awesome. I can smoke 6 racks of ribs and 2-4 butts on it at the same time. You should really go to Home Depot, they also have exotic smoking woods like apple, cherry, and sometimes pecan in addition to hickory and mesquite.

Pork doesn't HAVE to be smoked to be good, but it sure helps. I saw Giada De Laurentiis do some ribs in the oven, attempting some kind of Mediterranean thing with rosemary and balsamic vinegar. She might as well have been leading a Satan prayer in my eyes. I was angrier than CW at the chick at Chic-Fil-A. It looked like it may, could have, theoretically, might have been alright. But even if it is, it will still never sit right with me. Pork just asks to be smoked. You may be able to get away with liquid smoke, but even that can lead to a life of sin in the crock pot.
I have a buddy that swears by smoking too. I'll have to get there one day.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

My nephew is providing the spread this year...he told me this morning that he's getting everything from Phil's Dream Pit in Kingsport.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.