TLC, a channel for freakshows

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

TLC, a channel for freakshows

Post by nolanvt »

Stumbled upon a show called My 600 lb Life the other night. A couple of observations besides the obvious from the title of the show.

1) This guy was proof that there's someone out there for each of us who will love us, even you, CW. This guy didn't meet his wife UNTIL he was already over 500 lbs. The wife said, "We don't really have much of an intimate relationship. I consider myself more of a caregiver". NFS, lady.

2) There was another episode where the couple in Texas adopted a kid. I'm not a Legal Beagle™ nor do I know how adoption agencies operate, but how can you put a kid into a home like that? This kid and one of the Duggars will be doing meth together in 10 years.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Hokie5150

Re: TLC, a channel for freakshows

Post by Hokie5150 »

nolanvt wrote:Stumbled upon a show called My 600 lb Life the other night. A couple of observations besides the obvious from the title of the show.

1) This guy was proof that there's someone out there for each of us who will love us, even you, CW. This guy didn't meet his wife UNTIL he was already over 500 lbs. The wife said, "We don't really have much of an intimate relationship. I consider myself more of a caregiver". NFS, lady.

2) There was another episode where the couple in Texas adopted a kid. I'm not a Legal Beagle™ nor do I know how adoption agencies operate, but how can you put a kid into a home like that? This kid and one of the Duggars will be doing meth together in 10 years.
Remember when TLC used to be The Learning Channel and actually had programming worth watching?
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:Stumbled upon a show called My 600 lb Life the other night. A couple of observations besides the obvious from the title of the show.

I always like the show they used to have many years ago called Intervention. Made me not feel so bad about my own drinking LOL.
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

I always joke that TLC is the modern day equivalent to the carnival freakshow.

Of all the reality personalities, though - I have no problem with the Duggars (let me qualify that by saying this is based on information I received when they were at 15 going on 16 kids). They seemed to be a good family who could actually pay for the kids they made, unlike others. I have no problem with that.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

USN_Hokie wrote:I always joke that TLC is the modern day equivalent to the carnival freakshow.

Of all the reality personalities, though - I have no problem with the Duggars (let me qualify that by saying this is based on information I received when they were at 15 going on 16 kids). They seemed to be a good family who could actually pay for the kids they made, unlike others. I have no problem with that.
I tend to agree... the Duggars took care of their kids. The only gripe I could think of would be after awhile some kids aren't getting the parental attention they may be craving, but they're now exactly latch-key kids either. If Jim Bob or Michelle are busy, little Jedediah can always get help from one of his 18 brothers or sisters.

And from what I hear, it ain't Jim Bob that's keepin' that uterus full 24/7. I mean... it is, but he's not the one insisting they keep getting knocked up. Michelle apparently always wants the D. It's on her.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.