TM2 and BG (i think) thanx for recommending

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
oaktonhokie

TM2 and BG (i think) thanx for recommending

Post by oaktonhokie »

Pillars of the Earth.

It was great. Loooooooong, but worth it.

And I read accounts of the murder of Thomas Becket and the description in the novel is very close to that account.

Thanx for suggesting it.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Re: TM2 and BG (i think) thanx for recommending

Post by Techmomof2 »

You are welcome, and I welcome suggestions for books, too, anything that you can't put down, that keeps you up all night. I don't have time for mediocre books.
oaktonhokie wrote:Pillars of the Earth.

And I read accounts of the murder of Thomas Becket and the description in the novel is very close to that account.

Thanx for suggesting it.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I think I mentioned The Book Thief. Another historical novel set in Germany in pre war and during wwii.

Worked for me in part because I have relatives in a town exactly like the one in the book.

Re the pillars, I was impressed with the historical accuracy of it. Especially as I noted the murder of Thomas becket.

Techmomof2 wrote:You are welcome, and I welcome suggestions for books, too, anything that you can't put down, that keeps you up all night. I don't have time for mediocre books.

Thanx for suggesting it.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

Here's a book that looks very interesting, when I have time:
http://kingpin.cc/

Former hacker Kevin Poulsen has, over the past decade, built a reputation as one of the top investigative reporters on the cybercrime beat. In Kingpin, he pours his unmatched access and expertise into book form for the first time, delivering a gripping cat-and-mouse narrative—and an unprecedented view into the twenty-first century’s signature form of organized
crime.

oaktonhokie wrote:I think I mentioned The Book Thief. Another historical novel set in Germany in pre war and during wwii.

Worked for me in part because I have relatives in a town exactly like the one in the book.

Re the pillars, I was impressed with the historical accuracy of it. Especially as I noted the murder of Thomas becket.

Techmomof2 wrote:You are welcome, and I welcome suggestions for books, too, anything that you can't put down, that keeps you up all night. I don't have time for mediocre books.

Thanx for suggesting it.