Anyone ever heard of / been to Bahama Breeze?

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Anyone ever heard of / been to Bahama Breeze?

Post by BigDave »

One just opened up at Town Center. It is a chain owned by the same company as Olive Garden and Red Lobster.

While that's an instant turnoff, I went there today and it was not as terrible as I had expected. The food was actually edible.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Re: Anyone ever heard of / been to Bahama Breeze?

Post by Florida Hokie »

There is one here in Jax. I've been once. I had same reaction. It was decent but I only would go if pressed.
BigDave wrote:One just opened up at Town Center. It is a chain owned by the same company as Olive Garden and Red Lobster.

While that's an instant turnoff, I went there today and it was not as terrible as I had expected. The food was actually edible.
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

Been a bunch - had a buddy at work I used to travel with a lot - guy loves chain restaurants :oops: There's one in Orlando we'd head to frequently because there was a potential customer of ours down there.

I think it was some sort of jerk fish or something I used to get - not too bad. Tilapia maybe? And they have Pilsner Urquell (in bottles, but hey), and a surprisingly good chocolate pineapple upside down cake for dessert.

You could do worse.
#JusticeForNolan
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

One of my coworkers used to always want to go to chains when we traveled. Fortunately, he has grown out of it. I never understood it - I can go to a chain any time I want to, why am I going to travel 400 miles to go to it?
PolyTech wrote:Been a bunch - had a buddy at work I used to travel with a lot - guy loves chain restaurants :oops: There's one in Orlando we'd head to frequently because there was a potential customer of ours down there.

I think it was some sort of jerk fish or something I used to get - not too bad. Tilapia maybe? And they have Pilsner Urquell (in bottles, but hey), and a surprisingly good chocolate pineapple upside down cake for dessert.

You could do worse.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

Yeah, I don't understand either. I mean, this guy took me to Cheesecake Factory, Bahama Breeze, and Joe's Crab Shack. At least we'd find a Morton's sometimes. He always got the rental car, so I usually didn't quite get as much of a vote. Don't get me started on his hotel choices - he was a Hilton guy back in the day when they had smoking rooms. He was a Platinum or whatever, and I got the leftover (smoking) rooms. Double blech.

I always like the unique spots, but it usually wasn't to be. Doing much more Asian travel now - don't worry abotu chain restaurants there :) Although our Shanghai crew is nuts over the Paulaner brewhouse there - went twice in three days...
#JusticeForNolan
Valencia Hokie

Post by Valencia Hokie »

BigDave wrote:One just opened up at Town Center. It is a chain owned by the same company as Olive Garden and Red Lobster.

People in Richmond drive to Potomac Mills to eat there - closest one. Can't understand why. My 11 yr old went there and said it was ehh... And he loves any place that involves eating out. Not putting it high on my list.