Geez if it ain't one thing it's another...

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Geez if it ain't one thing it's another...

Post by Major Kong »

Uncommon? You guessed it. I tore my left bicep at the elbow Saturday afternoon.

How? I was power lifting 500 pounds and snap, pop! Actually I was at Food Lion and putting a bag with two 2-liter bottles of diet ginger ale in the car when snap, pop.

The lady two cars down from me heard it and came over to me and ask if I was OK. She helped me put the rest of my stuff in the car. I thought maybe just a sprain...but noooooooooooooooooo.

I had an appointment today with my orthopedic surgeon to get a basil joint shot in my left thumb and mentioned it. She grasped my bicep right above the elbow and hellsbells did it hurt. She wants to get this treated ASAP...so MRI tomorrow afternoon and follow up visit with the orthopedic surgeon Monday afternoon to schedule surgery.

Getting old eats used kitty litter!

Biceps Tendon Tear at the Elbow
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

BG Hokie

Re: Geez if it ain't one thing it's another...

Post by BG Hokie »

I tore my right distal biceps tendon in May. Useless summer but I’m 90% of normal or so now. How are you doing?
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: Geez if it ain't one thing it's another...

Post by Major Kong »

BG Hokie wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:35 pm I tore my right distal biceps tendon in May. Useless summer but I’m 90% of normal or so now. How are you doing?
About 80%...not back to abbynormal but at least I can use it pretty gooderly.

Wicked looking 3" scar on the inside of my left arm below the elbow. I did get a nasty post surgical infection (MRSA) but some strong antibiotics and some medicinal 'shine handled it. :mrgreen:

Thanks for asking.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.