Anyone else glad for the end of valentine's ads?

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
oaktonhokie

Anyone else glad for the end of valentine's ads?

Post by oaktonhokie »

The "hoody, footy," the four foot tall love bear (because size matters, wink wink).

Every kiss begins with k.

And the less than subtle suggestion that if you buy you sweetheart that big bear, she will engage in the wildest, most passionate animal sex ever.

With you, even.

All it takes for you to turn that chilly babe into a sexual inferno is a hoody footy. "How to keep thing hot on those chilly nights..."

Please.

And if you don't buy the stupid bear or the pajamas or the flowers, you will never have sex again. With anyone.

Enough.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Anyone else glad for the end of valentine's ads?

Post by nolanvt »

oaktonhokie wrote:The "hoody, footy," the four foot tall love bear (because size matters, wink wink).

And the less than subtle suggestion that if you buy you sweetheart that big bear, she will engage in the wildest, most passionate animal sex ever.

With you, even.

All it takes for you to turn that chilly babe into a sexual inferno is a hoody footy. "How to keep thing hot on those chilly nights..."

Please.

And if you don't buy the stupid bear or the pajamas or the flowers, you will never have sex again. With anyone.

Enough.
Unlike New Year's, at least people won't be wishing one another Valentine's Day for another week or two afterwards.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I reached a certain age where I no longer really wanted things. It's weird but for a couple years I had no word for it. I thought maybe I was just cheap, but it was really not wanting to be so tied down by "things". I stopped asking for anything on birthdays or holidays. Eventually I realized there other people like me, called "minimalists", and the truth really set me free. I found out there were a lot of other people who simply don't want anything. The website becomingminimalist.com is a great place to check out if you have these feelings.

Anyway, to your point Oakton, once I stopped feeling weird, I started realizing how much we are sold to NON STOP 24x7. It's nuts. I think of all these smart programmers in silicon valley working on ways to show me more relevant banner ads and it cracks me up. How do you sell someone who doesn't want anything?
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

oaktonhokie wrote:The "hoody, footy," the four foot tall love bear (because size matters, wink wink).

With you, even.

Please.

Enough.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

My wife and I were in the Dollar Tree store yesterday in Marion...while we were there I showed my wife a nice card from the card rack and pointed out some Valentine's Day balloons they had displayed. She really appreciated the sentiment. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I always figured you for the mushy sentimental type.

Major Kong wrote:My wife and I were in the Dollar Tree store yesterday in Marion...while we were there I showed my wife a nice card from the card rack and pointed out some Valentine's Day balloons they had displayed. She really appreciated the sentiment. :)
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Here's a few Valentines you probably didn't see as much, but I hear are very popular inside the WH:

With you, even.

Please.

Enough.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

oaktonhokie wrote:I always figured you for the mushy sentimental type.
Nope...we don't do Valentine's Day, Mother's Day or Father's Day (or any of the Hallmark Holidays)...they're just another day.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Valentines day is stupid. Never celebrated it, never will.

Can't do much about mother's and father's day. My parents like to be thought of....

OK.

Major Kong wrote:
Nope...we don't do Valentine's Day, Mother's Day or Father's Day (or any of the Hallmark Holidays)...they're just another day.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

oaktonhokie wrote:Valentines day is stupid. Never celebrated it, never will.

Can't do much about mother's and father's day. My parents like to be thought of....

OK.

Major Kong wrote:

Mom and dad earned it (especially with you). Women haven't earned a special day.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
OrangeHokieFan
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by OrangeHokieFan »

No. I'd like for Outback to have the Valentines deal every Friday. Best day of the year to eat out reasonably
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Valentine's day is the absolute worst day to ever try eating out...