Cosmos debuts tonight on Fox at 9PM...

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Cosmos debuts tonight on Fox at 9PM...

Post by Major Kong »

presented by Neil deGrasse Tyson...I'm digging it. :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: Cosmos debuts tonight on Fox at 9PM...

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:presented by Neil deGrasse Tyson...I'm digging it. :mrgreen:
is it like a talk show? Wazz the format?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
is it like a talk show? Wazz the format?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Modern version of the Karl Sagan version. He talks a topic while flying through CGI.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

What did you think of it?

I watched some of it, wanted to like it, but didn't care for it. I thought the animation was silly.

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

oaktonhokie wrote:What did you think of it?

I watched some of it, wanted to like it, but didn't care for it. I thought the animation was silly.
I DVR'ed it but haven't watched it yet.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:

It was a little disappointing
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I DVR'd it also, but I'm a little reluctant to watch it b/c I know the host is an AGW nutjob. The last special I watched with him on it had him preaching about CO2 emissions and man's role in the destruction of the world.
awesome guy wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:I DVR'd it also, but I'm a little reluctant to watch it b/c I know the host is an AGW nutjob. The last special I watched with him on it had him preaching about CO2 emissions and man's role in the destruction of the world.
awesome guy wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

I didn't see that, but that made clear religion is the bad guy.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

I finally watched it this morning.

I thought it started off slow...IMHO the show spent too much time on Bruno. Not that he isn't an interesting person.

I really thought the show hit it's stride in the last segments and was much betterly.

What I really like about NdT is his ease in front of the camera...all he needed was a corduroy jacket with patches on the elbows. :D

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:I finally watched it this morning.

I thought it started off slow...IMHO the show spent too much time on Bruno. Not that he isn't an interesting person.

I really thought the show hit it's stride in the last segments and was much betterly.

What I really like about NdT is his ease in front of the camera...all he needed was a corduroy jacket with patches on the elbows. :D

I'm thinking it'll follow the path of the show it's replicating...one season at that. Episode 2 was just too boring. They're trying too hard to romanticize science in my opinion. And the story telling vehicle (in an English and CGI sense) is just distracting. It may be trying to be something for kids and the ignorant. But there's so many science shows out there now that these topics have been covered better by other Discovery products. Through the Wormhole is still a better show.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:I'm thinking it'll follow the path of the show it's replicating...one season at that. Episode 2 was just too boring. They're trying too hard to romanticize science in my opinion. And the story telling vehicle (in an English and CGI sense) is just distracting. It may be trying to be something for kids and the ignorant. But there's so many science shows out there now that these topics have been covered better by other Discovery products. Through the Wormhole is still a better show.
Yeah episode 2 didn't follow through with the momentum that it gained with the last segment of the previous show.

I did like the tree life concept for the show but I found the Hall of Extinctions distracting.

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I read that the ratings were a disaster. But it's no wonder given that the host is a far left AGW nut and they mocked Christianity in the first episode.

http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey- ... t-care-sci
awesome guy wrote:

I'm thinking it'll follow the path of the show it's replicating...one season at that. Episode 2 was just too boring. They're trying too hard to romanticize science in my opinion. And the story telling vehicle (in an English and CGI sense) is just distracting. It may be trying to be something for kids and the ignorant. But there's so many science shows out there now that these topics have been covered better by other Discovery products. Through the Wormhole is still a better show.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Um, i'm not sure you're allowed to say that.

The guy is black, you know.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:I read that the ratings were a disaster. But it's no wonder given that the host is a far left AGW nut and they mocked Christianity in the first episode.

http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey- ... t-care-sci
awesome guy wrote:

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.