game time

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
awesome guy
Party: After 10

game time

Post by awesome guy »

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?02035000

water temp has already recovered from the snow last week. 2 more days in the 70s and she's going to hit 50 this week, the magic number. Buyaha, game time fellas. If you ever wanted to catch a lot of fish in one day, you're still probably a month away! hehe, the early fish will start showing up. But that means a quality game, this is the best opportunity to catch 20+ pound stripers.

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: game time

Post by awesome guy »

awesome guy wrote:http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?02035000

water temp has already recovered from the snow last week. 2 more days in the 70s and she's going to hit 50 this week, the magic number. Buyaha, game time fellas. If you ever wanted to catch a lot of fish in one day, you're still probably a month away! hehe, the early fish will start showing up. But that means a quality game, this is the best opportunity to catch 20+ pound stripers.

well, this is looking like a bust. Temps are plateauing at 48 :( Rain tonight and colder lows are going to keep it down for at least another week. Seems to me like the seasons are off by a month or so and have been for the last year. I was speckled trout fishing off the kayak into December. That's more typical of November. The fish moved in a month late last year and we were catching striper all the way until Mother's Day. We fished hard from the end of February, but didn't get any till about April. This year could be a repeat. I haven't even seen the little pecker head catfish biting yet. They typically get active a week or so before everything else. Color me miffed. At least it's warm enough to take the kayak out so I have more time to get back into spring/summer/fall form before the striper bite is on. May go down river, but that gets hairy in a kayak. The river looks tame from the bank, but she's a raging torrent in the channel. And anchoring up in 45 feet of water isn't a comfortable experience on a kayak.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.