Wish me luck tomorrow....

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Wish me luck tomorrow....

Post by awesome guy »

How do you keep your energy up without meat? Serious question, I'm drained without meat.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

good luck in the marathon. Would love to be able to do that but have a bad knee for the past four years and messed it up worse yesterday when I was cutting firewood, still trying to get the swelling down this morning....ugh
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Image

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Good luck and don't break anything. :D
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

OrangeHokieFan
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by OrangeHokieFan »

Go get it
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:How do you keep your energy up without meat? Serious question, I'm drained without meat.
I know where you are coming from AG, as I used to feel like the blood from the animal gave me all my superpowers. There are some big name vegan athletes like a Tony Gonzalez and Carl Lewis though, so it must work I guess.

Here is Carl Lewis chatting about it, http://youtu.be/bOTETXwfIaY

My time was not stellar, but I finished in 5:04. I think I can reasonably get his down to 4:30. Cardio wise, I kicked butt, never having issues. By mile 16, I started feeling a lot of pain in my ankles. By mile 18, the pain was like knives. It killed my time as around mile 20 I started running half a mile, walking 1/4 mile till the end. I did the first 13 in 2:15, which was good as the first ten miles are up hill. The second 13, which was flat as a board, sucked at 2:49. Ugh.

I need to train a lot longer distances, as I run about 15 every Sat morning, and sure enough, as soon as I passed that, the pain amped up to the point of me wanting scream.

Overall great experience though. I'll be back!

Thanks for the kind words guys. BigDave, sorry, I though I put this in "what I had for lunch."

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU

Post by Major Kong »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:I know where you are coming from AG, as I used to feel like the blood from the animal gave me all my superpowers. There are some big name vegan athletes like a Tony Gonzalez and Carl Lewis though, so it must work I guess.

My time was not stellar, but I finished in 5:04. I think I can reasonably get his down to 4:30. Cardio wise, I kicked butt, never having issues. By mile 16, I started feeling a lot of pain in my ankles. By mile 18, the pain was like knives. It killed my time as around mile 20 I started running half a mile, walking 1/4 mile till the end. I did the first 13 in 2:15, which was good as the first ten miles are up hill. The second 13, which was flat as a board, sucked at 2:49. Ugh.

I need to train a lot longer distances, as I run about 15 every Sat morning, and sure enough, as soon as I passed that, the pain amped up to the point of me wanting scream.

Thanks for the kind words guys. BigDave, sorry, I though I put this in "what I had for lunch."

Congratulations on a jerb well done. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

houtexhokie

To paraphrase a great Broadway show business phrase ....

Post by houtexhokie »

(don't) Break a Leg...

Good luck and godspeed.

Is the Iron Horse saloon still on Maiden Lane in SF?

HT
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:How do you keep your energy up without meat? Serious question, I'm drained without meat.
I know where you are coming from AG, as I used to feel like the blood from the animal gave me all my superpowers. There are some big name vegan athletes like a Tony Gonzalez and Carl Lewis though, so it must work I guess.

Congrats man. My primary person has run several, but I've never made it past 10 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:

Nice job!
Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

houtexhokie wrote:(don't) Break a Leg...

Good luck and godspeed.

Is the Iron Horse saloon still on Maiden Lane in SF?

HT
Looks like it is closed ... Yelp is giving me that feeling at least :(

hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

Congrats on a job well done! Was this your first full?

I did my first one in February 2013. Time was lousy but I finished. My legs pretty much gave out around Mile 21 so I walked most of the last 5 miles.

Ended up with a stress fracture in my right heel and stayed away from running for 9 months. Have planned on doing a 1/2 in November to get back in the saddle as it were. Not sure if I'll ever do another full.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:

How interesting! My first (and only) halfy was the Oakland marathon. And my good friend just did her first marathon this past weekend in Oakland too.

Small world. :)

Congratulations!
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

hokie80 wrote:Congrats on a job well done! Was this your first full?

I did my first one in February 2013. Time was lousy but I finished. My legs pretty much gave out around Mile 21 so I walked most of the last 5 miles.

Ended up with a stress fracture in my right heel and stayed away from running for 9 months. Have planned on doing a 1/2 in November to get back in the saddle as it were. Not sure if I'll ever do another full.

If you finished, you finished. That's my story at least. Yep, that was my first official full. I did a couple halfs last year.