this is how insane I am

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
awesome guy
Party: After 10

this is how insane I am

Post by awesome guy »

I've listened to this pretty much all day, just hitting repeat.

***link***

On the plus, my 4 year old was helping me put together the butt section of a couple rods. We were gluing the grips, butt cap, and reel seat in. She says "daddy, you don't share well!". She wanted to mix and apply the glue. I had her just putting the big chunks of it on, leaving the detailish work to me. These two are 6.6 foot spinning rods I'm making for throwing lures at redfish and stripers. I also have 2 7 foot catfishing blanks and components that will be assembles shortly after :)
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Re: this is how insane I am

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:I've listened to this pretty much all day, just hitting repeat.

***link***

On the plus, my 4 year old was helping me put together the butt section of a couple rods. We were gluing the grips, butt cap, and reel seat in. She says "daddy, you don't share well!". She wanted to mix and apply the glue. I had her just putting the big chunks of it on, leaving the detailish work to me. These two are 6.6 foot spinning rods I'm making for throwing lures at redfish and stripers. I also have 2 7 foot catfishing blanks and components that will be assembles shortly after :)
From what I know of you, this wouldn't seem to set the bar for insanity. :)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I've listened to this pretty much all day, just hitting repeat.

***link***

oh, this will be a series and not just one topic! I mean, the General Zod music on a loop, that'll drive you batty after a while.

To increase the insanity, while listening I'm thinking "this would be a great song for a fishing video". So then I create an imaginary video in my head. I'm walking the pipeline in Richmond. It's under the railroad track downtown and takes you up the river a bit, upstream from 14th street. There's a class 2/3 rapid there. It's later winter/early spring so it's still 40 degrees air temp, slightly high water. It's also midnight. I'm filming it with gen 9 night vision goggles with a digital readout of distances, air temp, etc. So at the beginning with the intro music, I'm walking up the pipeline, ominous music playing. We're in color at this point because there are lights, but then switch to night vision. I have my 9 foot spinning rod and my backpack on with plugs and broken backs for lures. I jump into the freezing rapids, pushing through and climbing onto the rocks along the way to judge my next vector to get close to the middle. I'm jumping over the narrower gaps in the rocks, swimming through the larger ones. Then I get to the remains of the channel. This is where the music changes to the du-du-du-du mechanical buzz sounds. I cast out, nail a 42 inch striper. This is because I'm "keeping it real", going full bore day dream, it would be a 50 inch striper because 48 inches is what you need for a release trophy fish. But anyway, I'm crushing them on my rock. Each mechanical buzz is another 40+ inch fish. I turn at the end presumably to return home and then end the video. Now that's freaking crazy. I mean who would bring a 9 foot rod to throw plugs?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

Yeah - that's pretty crazy then. :lol:

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

***link***

oh, this will be a series and not just one topic! I mean, the General Zod music on a loop, that'll drive you batty after a while.

To increase the insanity, while listening I'm thinking "this would be a great song for a fishing video". So then I create an imaginary video in my head. I'm walking the pipeline in Richmond. It's under the railroad track downtown and takes you up the river a bit, upstream from 14th street. There's a class 2/3 rapid there. It's later winter/early spring so it's still 40 degrees air temp, slightly high water. It's also midnight. I'm filming it with gen 9 night vision goggles with a digital readout of distances, air temp, etc. So at the beginning with the intro music, I'm walking up the pipeline, ominous music playing. We're in color at this point because there are lights, but then switch to night vision. I have my 9 foot spinning rod and my backpack on with plugs and broken backs for lures. I jump into the freezing rapids, pushing through and climbing onto the rocks along the way to judge my next vector to get close to the middle. I'm jumping over the narrower gaps in the rocks, swimming through the larger ones. Then I get to the remains of the channel. This is where the music changes to the du-du-du-du mechanical buzz sounds. I cast out, nail a 42 inch striper. This is because I'm "keeping it real", going full bore day dream, it would be a 50 inch striper because 48 inches is what you need for a release trophy fish. But anyway, I'm crushing them on my rock. Each mechanical buzz is another 40+ inch fish. I turn at the end presumably to return home and then end the video. Now that's freaking crazy. I mean who would bring a 9 foot rod to throw plugs?