camping showers

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
awesome guy
Party: After 10

camping showers

Post by awesome guy »

any recommendations for a portable hot water shower? Getting ready for camping season and the older I get, the more I hate cold showers at camp grounds. So looking to kick it up a notch with a portable hot shower. I found this one at Wally World, any other recommendations? Under normal camping circumstances, I skip the shower all together. But since I'm now bringing the family and typically am covered in fish guts and/or ocean spray, I have a duty to my relationship with my wife and children to remove the funk. Gone are the days of sleeping in the truck for 3 nights straight and popping in holes dug in the ground, I have to be somewhat domesticated.

http://www.zodi.com/hot-showers/hot-tap-with-case
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
oaktonhokie

Re: camping showers

Post by oaktonhokie »

Marriott?

awesome guy wrote:any recommendations for a portable hot water shower? Getting ready for camping season and the older I get, the more I hate cold showers at camp grounds. So looking to kick it up a notch with a portable hot shower. I found this one at Wally World, any other recommendations? Under normal camping circumstances, I skip the shower all together. But since I'm now bringing the family and typically am covered in fish guts and/or ocean spray, I have a duty to my relationship with my wife and children to remove the funk. Gone are the days of sleeping in the truck for 3 nights straight and popping in holes dug in the ground, I have to be somewhat domesticated.

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

No urban camping. But taking a hot shower does move me from grizzled and into the Grizzwald type of woodsman. Maybe I should skip the "tons of toys in the truck" camping and go straight to RV or pop-tent trailer? Then again, I got the 10 man monster tent at Sams Club last year and that is pretty much a pop-tent trailer. It's so big that it has two rooms!

I've got another plan in the works to make a trailer for my kayaks. I could make that more of a generic trailer type of thing that can carry kayaks and while I'm at it, also make it into a pop-up tent. It'll at least have enough room to carry all of my fishing and kayaking stuff which right now consume all of my truck bed.

oaktonhokie wrote:Marriott?

awesome guy wrote:any recommendations for a portable hot water shower? Getting ready for camping season and the older I get, the more I hate cold showers at camp grounds. So looking to kick it up a notch with a portable hot shower. I found this one at Wally World, any other recommendations? Under normal camping circumstances, I skip the shower all together. But since I'm now bringing the family and typically am covered in fish guts and/or ocean spray, I have a duty to my relationship with my wife and children to remove the funk. Gone are the days of sleeping in the truck for 3 nights straight and popping in holes dug in the ground, I have to be somewhat domesticated.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Sold! But my fishing gear and the kid's toys are going to get funky riding around in the crapper :)