absolute humiliation

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
awesome guy
Party: After 10

absolute humiliation

Post by awesome guy »

Took the oldest kido fishing this weekend. The youngest was there too, but she's too young to even attempt fishing. This is like the oldest's 6th to 10th trip, so she's got the basics down. And on Saturday, she wanted to stay out all day. I was proud of that. But wasn't so prideful was her Daddy being a 6 inch spot away from the big skunk. We fished just 3-4 hours and I was even chuckling at myself for down grading to croaker fisherman for the weekend. I normally catch them at will for bait. Couldn't catch anything, I had 3 rods out with blood worms, shrimp, and squid as well as threw lures every now and then on a 4th rod. Just the little spot to show for it. I did have the parasail boat hang one of my lines and so got to fight a 6k pound, 600 hp boat for a couple minutes as it took off 300 yards of line before finally breaking off. But that was the excitement for the afternoon. I of course had a blast with the kids and that's what really matters, but catching big fish also matters! I kept asking if she was having fun, wondering when the skunk would wear on her. She said "yes Daddy, but it would be more fun if you could catch something!". That was daggers into my heart, my guilt manifested itself in playing make-believe mermaids with her.

And meanwhile, back in the batcave...my buddies went out striper fishing and had another banner evening. I knew that's where I should have been for this time of year, but that's also still a bit much for the kids at this point. So a spot and croaker fishing we a went. With this warming though, the puppy drum bite should be back on for the inshore kayaking. Some redemption is needed for letting down the kids for going fishing without bringing anything home.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.