Time to open a can of whoop ass on my wife's nephew...

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Time to open a can of whoop ass on my wife's nephew...

Post by Major Kong »

:x :x :x
Last year I let my wife's nephew (NIL) borrow my little electric power washer (Sam's Club special Black Max) to clean off his carport and front porch. I told him that the washer was light duty and don't go crazy on washing with it. Three weeks later he finally brings it back, while we are gone, and leaves it on the carport with the motor burned out. :x He said it was fine but when my wife tried to use the next day to clean some windows it wouldn't work.

Finally his fiancee let it slip that he was cleaning the roof and something started burning...well yeah it was the motor. He never replaced it and never paid for it...he is after all his father's son.

Backstory time:
Back in '99 my Dad went through a business named the Tuff Manufacturing Company in Arkansas and had a mother of a power washer built. 12hp Honda motor, all 1st class parts built on it's own wheeled trailer sled. The darn thing kicks like a 12 gauge shotgun and will spray out to 5000 psi if you're not careful...I try to keep it no greater than 3200 psi unless I'm blasting some concrete or kids. :P

My cousin had it in his barn and forgot about it but found it under a tarp and brought it over to me last spring. I keep it in my equipment room on my carport.

I winterized back in November. I was going to use it this weekend to clean around the house.

Now flash to the 21st (Wednesday) while we were gone over to Saltville he came over to the house and "picked up" the Tuff washer. He said nothing to me or my wife just backed his truck onto the carport and took it.

This afternoon he brings it back (hell I didn't know it was gone). I'm like NIL who said you could use that? He said my wife (she was at the store) said it was OK. I call her and she knows nothing about it. Then he says my MIL told him to come over here and get it she knows nothing about it. Finally he admits that he and his Dad (BIL) came over and got it Wednesday. WTH.

He tells me it was broke when they got it and never could get it to run. By this time I'm livid, it was working just fine last fall. I tell him to just go and I'll send him the bill for repair. They tell me they want me to give them $5 for the gas they put in it. :o

Welpers it turns out there is nothing wrong with it. The thing has 4 switches on it that you have to have in the right positions in order for it to start. They just turned the switch to on and choked it but they didn't turn the fuel switch on and they didn't set the water pressure switch to low. :) In addition you don't turn the water on until you start the motor.

So they didn't do any harm to it but I'm tempted to send them a bill for $129 to replace the one torn up last year or just buy beer and crab chips. :D
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.