Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Homebrew

Jigging for Muskie

Post by Homebrew »

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Jigging for Muskie

Post by awesome guy »

not bad. I hope your not planning on rigging that heavy in the yak though. There's no way to pull free 80 pound braid and a 200 pound steal leader if you snag the bottom. And so will have to cut free at the spool. I'm not sure why people use such heavy line, I've caught 6 foot sharks on 17 pound test. I use 30 for catfishing just to handle snags and bottom structure. 40 pound braid on my site casting rod and no issues.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

I'm hitting Loch Raven reservior Saturday. Working on deep fishing techniques. Us the fishfinder to find the structure, use a crankbait to get the fish activie, use a worm or a jig or a spoon to mop up the big bass.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Homebrew wrote:I'm hitting Loch Raven reservior Saturday. Working on deep fishing techniques. Us the fishfinder to find the structure, use a crankbait to get the fish activie, use a worm or a jig or a spoon to mop up the big bass.
Sounds like a great strategy. Are they spawning up there yet?

I'm hitting the bay in a motor boat. I've got a new addiction of custom lures and have made some soft plastics I'm throwing at cobia and redfish. Hoping to finish off my expert saltwater angler cert too. I have a great shot at another trophy redfish and first trophy cobia. Outside shot at a trophy striper. Planing on sharking too. I've caught, but haven't registered trophy shark, so may finish off the expert with that, if I can get one. I would have the expert now, but ate my trophy round head.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.