UPS is holding my fishfinder hostage

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Homebrew

UPS is holding my fishfinder hostage

Post by Homebrew »

It was suuposed to arrive today-in time for my fishing trip tomorrow, but they say a trailer arrived "late" 145am and ,of course , that means it can't get on a delivery truck today. Anyone have any Taliban that I could trade?

Fishing a reservior without the ff is going to be limiting.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: UPS is holding my fishfinder hostage

Post by awesome guy »

Use the force
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

Yep 2400 acres of a new fishing place and I'm limited to the shallows.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

If they're spawning, that could be the ticket. I'd look for beds on the opposite side of the dam.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

It was a cold winter day, when an old man walked out onto a frozen lake, cut a hole in the ice, dropped in his fishing line and began waiting for a fish to bite.

He was there for almost an hour without even a nibble when a young boy walked out onto the ice, cut a hole in the ice not too far from the old man and dropped in his fishing line. It only took about a minute and WHAM! a Largemouth Bass hit his hook and the boy pulled in the fish.

The old man couldn't believe it but figured it was just luck. But, the boy dropped in his line and again within just a few minutes pulled in another one.

This went on and on until finally the old man couldn't take it any more since he hadn't caught a thing all this time. He went to the boy and said, "Son, I've been here for over an hour without even a nibble. You have been here only a few minutes and have caught about half a dozen fish! How do you do it?"

The boy responded, "Roo raf roo reep ra rums rrarm."
"What was that?" the old man asked.
Again the boy responded, "Roo raf roo reep ra rums rarrm."

"Look," said the old man, "I can't understand a word you are saying."

So, the boy spit into his hand and said, "You have to keep the worms warm!"
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

Spawn is done. That's why I wanted the ff to find them in deeper water.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Just got my trophy drum. Hoping for a cobia too. We had what sounded like a trophy shark on as he peeled line off a tiagra 50 like it was nothing. And then he dropped the bait. That was something big for sure. And it was on a float rig so it wasn't a sting ray.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

How did you end up doing?

I got two trophy red drum(4 total on the boat) 4 giant sting ray (6-7 foot wingspan) a couple cow nose rays, about 10-15 sea mullet (round heads), too many 1-3 foot shark to count or care to remember (like dozens of them) , and the other guy got a nice 40 inch cobia. So no cobia, trophy or otherwise for me. It was a good trip though. And I lost what looked like a 50 to 60 inch drum right by the boat. We were netting it and it took off under the boat, breaking off the line. Lost another that I didn't see which straightened a 10/0 hook. Had a couple other runs where the fish spit the hook as soon as it picked up the bait. So I'm disappointed I only converted 50% of my fights into fish on the deck. That one that ran under the boat was a pig for sure, hardest fighting drum I've ever hooked. It made 3 runs and was peeling line with the drag on my saltist 30s buttoned down to max. It was locked by the boat, I just couldn't do anything with him.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

Caught two chain pickeral on deep running crankbaits. Dad caught a smallmouth on a texas rigged worm. As I expected, most the fish were deep and the fishfinder would have helped immensly as there isn't a good bathymetric chart for the reservior. Oh well the fishfinder will arrive today. I'll figure this reservoir out. Edit- found an gps chart app for my nexus 7. Things will now be easier next trip.