Well my trusty 2006 Santa Fe let me down for the 1st time...

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Well my trusty 2006 Santa Fe let me down for the 1st time...

Post by Major Kong »

today.

120,500 miles without a hiccup...got back in the vehicle at the Farm Bureau in Chilhowie and nada...nothing...nyet. I just put in a new Interstate Battery so I knew that wasn't the problem. Checked the fuses and no problem there...hmmmm? Shut the hood and my chimes started dinging and it started right up.

Being the automotive lazy bastard that I've become over the years I took the car to my BIL's* brother (*My sister's husband who passed away tragically in '97, we're still real close to his family) who is the service manager for a garage over in Saltville. What the hell I'm due for my 5000 mile oil change just let him take a look.

The positive battery post was loose...I didn't tighten it down good enough. :oops: The negative side was fine.

While I was there I ordered a set of Hankook Dynapro HP tires for the Santa Fe 225/70R/16...I've had a lotta luck with Hankook tires. I'll have 'em installed next week.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Well my trusty 2006 Santa Fe let me down for the 1st tim

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:today.

120,500 miles without a hiccup...got back in the vehicle at the Farm Bureau in Chilhowie and nada...nothing...nyet. I just put in a new Interstate Battery so I knew that wasn't the problem. Checked the fuses and no problem there...hmmmm? Shut the hood and my chimes started dinging and it started right up.

Being the automotive lazy bastard that I've become over the years I took the car to my BIL's* brother (*My sister's husband who passed away tragically in '97, we're still real close to his family) who is the service manager for a garage over in Saltville. What the hell I'm due for my 5000 mile oil change just let him take a look.

The positive battery post was loose...I didn't tighten it down good enough. :oops: The negative side was fine.

While I was there I ordered a set of Hankook Dynapro HP tires for the Santa Fe 225/70R/16...I've had a lotta luck with Hankook tires. I'll have 'em installed next week.
I've got 200k on my 06 truck :) But time to start looking for something new. I'm not sure how they would run on a lighter vehicle, but the goodyear silent armors have been great on my vehicle. I get about 70k out of each set, and that's airing them down for the beach, been cross country, hauling stuff, mudding, etc.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:I've got 200k on my 06 truck :) But time to start looking for something new. I'm not sure how they would run on a lighter vehicle, but the goodyear silent armors have been great on my vehicle. I get about 70k out of each set, and that's airing them down for the beach, been cross country, hauling stuff, mudding, etc.
I mostly use the Santa Fe out at the farm now...especially for usage like today to the Farm Bureau or Southern States. Just hook up one of the utility trailers and I'm good to go. Of course we have to '12 3/4 ton Diesel Ram for the tough stuff like my wife going to the grocery store. ;) :P
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Valencia Hokie

Post by Valencia Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:today.

2006 Santa Fe smashed into me on Sunday at a soccer game. Just waxed the car the day before. Should have known. No damage to the SF. $2k to mine. Grrrr....