next feat

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
awesome guy
Party: After 10

next feat

Post by awesome guy »

I've been day dreaming/pondering catching a shark off my yak a lot lately. And here soon, the black tips should be in the shallower water near the beaches. Ultimately I want one as big or bigger than my kayak. Doubt I'll see a black tip that big in/near the bay, but there is that great white that's been coming in. I think it's a 14 or 17 footer. I doubt I'll tackle such an animal this year, but will train on the smaller sharks this year. Maybe even by taking my yak into the harsh/rushing/kick your butt current right under the CBBT by Fisherman's island and land some trophy drum. Even one of those 6-7 foot rays would be great practice to get the maneuvers down without risking being dinner(at least not by the ray). Then again, they fight a little different as they take long and power strokes, circling the boat. A shark is much more erratic, going all over the place. Rays are at least somewhat predictable as they take longer to turn. Maybe shark practice will be a better use of my time than learning to yak in rapids? Anyway, already have the training and victory music in my head :)

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: next feat

Post by awesome guy »

here's the shark tracker
http://www.ocearch.org/

Looks like Gene is in the area. 14 ft. 8 in and 2292 lbs. There is no way I could land her on a yak. I may have to redefine victory as hooking on her and getting dragged for 10 miles before cutting the line, all with a chase boat following me of course. What a pig, I doubt even the tuna reel could pull her in. My only hope is that since she's in shallow water, to reel myself to her and then buckle up for the ride/ be ready to get plucked from the water if she turns and charges me. I've heard of friends being chased and popped by sharks this size (or a tad smaller) and it drove them + their yaks out the water on impact. Like hit on the bottom from a surfacing shark and the shark drilling into the bottom of the yak and sending them flying. Going to have to downsize to the just ones under 150 pounds which would be a 7 footer at most. That seems to be the weight barrier for yaks as many have been trying to land a 500 pound tuna on one. These sharks would inhale a tuna that size.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.