Torn left rotator cuff!

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Torn left rotator cuff!

Post by Major Kong »

A couple of weeks ago I was mending a fence out at the house and reached behind me to pick up a hammer.

There was a loud pop and my left upper arm and shoulder just went dead for about an hour...then the feeling came back and man it's hurt like a mutha ever since.

Since then I've had extremely limited range of movement in my left shoulder/upper arm and very weak.

I went to the orthopedic sawbones today and yup I have a torn rotator cuff...for right now he put me on generic Mobic and PT for a month then we'll go from there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again getting old eats used kitty litter. :(
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Torn left rotator cuff!

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:A couple of weeks ago I was mending a fence out at the house and reached behind me to pick up a hammer.

There was a loud pop and my left upper arm and shoulder just went dead for about an hour...then the feeling came back and man it's hurt like a mutha ever since.

Since then I've had extremely limited range of movement in my left shoulder/upper arm and very weak.

I went to the orthopedic sawbones today and yup I have a torn rotator cuff...for right now he put me on generic Mobic and PT for a month then we'll go from there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again getting old eats used kitty litter. :(

sucks man. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Major Kong wrote:A couple of weeks ago I was mending a fence out at the house and reached behind me to pick up a hammer.

Yikes! Get better soon, Major.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

yea, I feel your pain, worked my butt off Friday Saturday and sunday on manual stuff at the farm, limping on my effed up knee today, never mind the other aches and pains.....getting old is rough

Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Get well soon Kongster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Tore it again today and this time it was a snap, crackle, pop...I ripped the hell out of it. This was about 2PM and I have no strength. I go back to the orthopedic on September 19th for my regular scheduled appointment. I called up the office but they were of course closed.

Valencia Hokie

Post by Valencia Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:Tore it again today and this time it was a snap, crackle, pop...I ripped the hell out of it. This was about 2PM and I have no strength. I go back to the orthopedic on September 19th for my regular scheduled appointment. I called up the office but they were of course closed.
My FiL did something similar building his barn. Waited a long time for it to heal on his own (6-9 ms). In the end, he just kept making it worse because he could not stop working and the surgery ended up being significant and the PT recovery was hellish. At your age, not pickin on you :o), you're probably better of just going under the knife. You'll be better off in the long run, me thinks.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

that sucks dude, hope it heals up quick. Heat about got me Sunday and Yesterday, only casualty was our bush hog

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Valencia Hokie wrote:My FiL did something similar building his barn. Waited a long time for it to heal on his own (6-9 ms). In the end, he just kept making it worse because he could not stop working and the surgery ended up being significant and the PT recovery was hellish. At your age, not pickin on you :o), you're probably better of just going under the knife. You'll be better off in the long run, me thinks.
Yeah I'm pretty much resigned to getting it operated on...I popped it again while putting my son in his wheelchair...something I've done hundreds of times w/o a hitch. :(

Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
Valencia Hokie wrote:My FiL did something similar building his barn. Waited a long time for it to heal on his own (6-9 ms). In the end, he just kept making it worse because he could not stop working and the surgery ended up being significant and the PT recovery was hellish. At your age, not pickin on you :o), you're probably better of just going under the knife. You'll be better off in the long run, me thinks.
Yeah I'm pretty much resigned to getting it operated on...I popped it again while putting my son in his wheelchair...something I've done hundreds of times w/o a hitch. :(
I'm only saying this because I'm your friend - you have to give up the dream of pitching in The Show.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Waiting for a final MRI next week but this evening I was making some of my famous (within the family) chicken noodle soup. I was pulling out my 6 qt. soup pot and my left arm at the rotator cuff dislocated. :shock: Hurt like a mutha.

My wife popped it back in for me...and the problem is that didn't provide much relief at first. A frozen bag of corn and a couple of Salonpas patches (those things are great) have helped.

Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Hope you feel better soon Kong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

I am with flo ho, hope you got your degree as your pro sports career is toast dude
Major Kong wrote:Waiting for a final MRI next week but this evening I was making some of my famous (within the family) chicken noodle soup. I was pulling out my 6 qt. soup pot and my left arm at the rotator cuff dislocated. :shock: Hurt like a mutha.

My wife popped it back in for me...and the problem is that didn't provide much relief at first. A frozen bag of corn and a couple of Salonpas patches (those things are great) have helped.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

cwtcr hokie wrote:I am with flo ho, hope you got your degree as your pro sports career is toast dude
But I'm a righthander! :mrgreen: