hey, riverguy

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
awesome guy
Party: After 10

hey, riverguy

Post by awesome guy »

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.3856417 ... a=!3m1!1e3

I found this kayakalicious area the other night. Not the conservation side of Dutch Gap, but the ox bow of the old river. One end is directly across from the Dutch Gap boat launch and the VEPCO(oldschool!) power plant, around Hatcher Island. Going from the boat launch and back towards the 4 way intersection, the channel is 30 feet deep and then comes up to 10 feet right in front of the bridge to Hatcher's island. From there, the old river is 10-4 feet deep till dumping back into the main river channel. That area is come kind of pretty with cat tails lining the river bank. We hit the yacht basin looking for striper(on a motor boat), but didn't get any as it was pouring rain all night. I'm going to troll it with the kayak here shortly. There was stuff blowing up around us, looked to be an awesome bass fishery. I've been around that a million times and this was the first time we decided to check it out. Glad we did.

I want to hit that lagoon in the yak right across from Deep Bottom as well. That looks like it would hold some monster cats, and it's not really accessible to motor boats.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Re: hey, riverguy

Post by RiverguyVT »

+1
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.