UWS hunters....

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
awesome guy
Party: After 10

UWS hunters....

Post by awesome guy »

any of you guys bow hunt? I'm thinking about giving it a go this fall. Looking at getting one of these. Thoughts? Seems good enough for Ted Nugget with the mystical flight of the arrow and the amazing lumenok. I'm not worried about getting anything tough to draw, but also ain't too keen on putting down a grand on something I may or may not like. Then again, it worked with kayak :) I have no shortage of redneck friends or places to hunt. Heck, just mentioning trying bow hunting got me invited to several hunts already. But thinking I should start practicing first.

I'm also considering a cross-bow to get more stealth and range, but leaning bow more than cross-bow. My only real issue with this plan is a place to clean my kills. I have a couple friends that I'll likely be hunting with that have places, but also need a plan B. Think of the AG house as something similar to Jed Clampett marrying Lisa Douglas from Green Acres. My wife is an LA sophisticated woman and I'm a redneck heathen, so she won't appreciate dead animals hanging in the garage.

http://mathewsinc.com/product/creed/

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Re: UWS hunters....

Post by hokie80 »

awesome guy wrote:any of you guys bow hunt? I'm thinking about giving it a go this fall. Looking at getting one of these. Thoughts? Seems good enough for Ted Nugget with the mystical flight of the arrow and the amazing lumenok. I'm not worried about getting anything tough to draw, but also ain't too keen on putting down a grand on something I may or may not like. Then again, it worked with kayak :) I have no shortage of redneck friends or places to hunt. Heck, just mentioning trying bow hunting got me invited to several hunts already. But thinking I should start practicing first.

I'm also considering a cross-bow to get more stealth and range, but leaning bow more than cross-bow. My only real issue with this plan is a place to clean my kills. I have a couple friends that I'll likely be hunting with that have places, but also need a plan B. Think of the AG house as something similar to Jed Clampett marrying Lisa Douglas from Green Acres. My wife is an LA sophisticated woman and I'm a redneck heathen, so she won't appreciate dead animals hanging in the garage.

Practice with a bow. A lot.

It's been several decades since I've bow hunted. It's certainly more of a challenge . But if you don;t get a clean shot, it's not as human as a rifle.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: UWS hunters....

Post by awesome guy »

I can see that. I'm also studying up on anatomy to make cleaner kills.

My buddies have sort of set unreasonable expectations for me. One kills a deer about every day with a bow, but he works at a nursery and hunts after work there. The other said his exwife bought a bow, made 2-3 practice shots and then went on to kill a deer that afternoon with it. She could fill a couple pages of UWS chatter. She was married, then decided she was really a lesbian and left my friend for another woman. She took their kid too. The kid ended up being really promiscuous as studies show children raised in homosexual houses typically are, having 5 kids starting at age 15. Anyway, I want to kill because wild meat is simply the best.
hokie80 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:any of you guys bow hunt? I'm thinking about giving it a go this fall. Looking at getting one of these. Thoughts? Seems good enough for Ted Nugget with the mystical flight of the arrow and the amazing lumenok. I'm not worried about getting anything tough to draw, but also ain't too keen on putting down a grand on something I may or may not like. Then again, it worked with kayak :) I have no shortage of redneck friends or places to hunt. Heck, just mentioning trying bow hunting got me invited to several hunts already. But thinking I should start practicing first.

Practice with a bow. A lot.

It's been several decades since I've bow hunted. It's certainly more of a challenge . But if you don;t get a clean shot, it's not as human as a rifle.

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.