I was working on my riding mower deck after sharpening...

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

I was working on my riding mower deck after sharpening...

Post by Major Kong »

my blades. I was putting the 3 blades back on the deck and my right hand slipped off the socket wrench...I have trouble gripping things...and I slammed my right hand up against the deck and did a number on my ring finger. :x :oops:

It's all black and blue...hurts like a mutha too. I've had a frozen pack of cranberry beans on it for a ½ hour.
Picture 10.jpg
Picture 10.jpg (310.35 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Hokie5150

Re: I was working on my riding mower deck after sharpening..

Post by Hokie5150 »

Dude...
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Hokie5150 wrote:Dude...
You're telling me...I think I'm going to lose the nail and it still hurts. :(

Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Say goodbye to that nail my friend :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Valencia Hokie

Post by Valencia Hokie »

To save it, and a lot of pain in the future, heat up a small nail and burn a hole in the nail. All the pressure will release (watch for spurting blood), the pain subsides and the nail is "usually" saved. At a minimum the pain is almost immediately relieved.

Saw framing carpenters do it all the time on the job site. Really works.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Valencia Hokie wrote:To save it, and a lot of pain in the future, heat up a small nail and burn a hole in the nail. All the pressure will release (watch for spurting blood), the pain subsides and the nail is "usually" saved. At a minimum the pain is almost immediately relieved.

Yeah my wife...the RN :) ...actually took one of my lancets and did just that plus she also stuck me a few places below the nail. I wouldn't say it was a huge spurting more like a bubbling flow. The pain was relieved fairly fast and so far so good on the nail.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

the biggest thing is, Stop hurting yourself!!!! but I am guessing your wife has said that a few times
Major Kong wrote:
Valencia Hokie wrote:To save it, and a lot of pain in the future, heat up a small nail and burn a hole in the nail. All the pressure will release (watch for spurting blood), the pain subsides and the nail is "usually" saved. At a minimum the pain is almost immediately relieved.

Yeah my wife...the RN :) ...actually took one of my lancets and did just that plus she also stuck me a few places below the nail. I wouldn't say it was a huge spurting more like a bubbling flow. The pain was relieved fairly fast and so far so good on the nail.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

cwtcr hokie wrote:the biggest thing is, Stop hurting yourself!!!! but I am guessing your wife has said that a few times
I don't mean too :!: I'm a victim of having way too much fun and adventure of a misspent youth (too many, breaks, strains, sprains, tears, cuts and bruises and I wouldn't change a thing) and getting older.

I can promise you that "hey hold my beer and watch this" has never been involved. :mrgreen:

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

I was lucky played football all thru to HS, some wicked bike falls but never really hurt anything really bad, no breaks at all. Now in my late 40's and all the stuff I have built and other activities have taken their toll on my back and my knee. Still great to be breathing, just with more aches and pains
Major Kong wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:the biggest thing is, Stop hurting yourself!!!! but I am guessing your wife has said that a few times
I don't mean too :!: I'm a victim of having way too much fun and adventure of a misspent youth (too many, breaks, strains, sprains, tears, cuts and bruises and I wouldn't change a thing) and getting older.

I can promise you that "hey hold my beer and watch this" has never been involved. :mrgreen: