Headlight on the van went out yesterday...

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Headlight on the van went out yesterday...

Post by Major Kong »

I replaced it with OSRAM - Night Breaker Unlimited bulbs (I went ahead and replaced both bulbs).

Wow is all I can say...can't believe the huge improvement.

I have Sylvania SilverStar zXe Bulbs in my Equus and these are better.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

PolyTech

Re: Headlight on the van went out yesterday...

Post by PolyTech »

Figured the Equus would have xenons. My Genesis has halogens as high beams, so maybe the same as the Equus?

How do you like it? I've ridden in one a couple of times in Korea. Was pretty neat; it was a L model with reclining rear seats. Don't think they import that one.

Parents just got a 2015 Genesis. That's an amazing piece of equipment. Its got the auto braking, haptic blind spot indicator, and the damned thing steers itself!
#JusticeForNolan
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

PolyTech wrote:Figured the Equus would have xenons. My Genesis has halogens as high beams, so maybe the same as the Equus?

How do you like it? I've ridden in one a couple of times in Korea. Was pretty neat; it was a L model with reclining rear seats. Don't think they import that one.

Parents just got a 2015 Genesis. That's an amazing piece of equipment. Its got the auto braking, haptic blind spot indicator, and the damned thing steers itself!
I had the passenger side dim bulb on the Equus go out last summer and the zXe's were recommended as a replacement at a substantial savings to original equipment bulb. I went ahead and replaced the whole set. I really didn't see much of a difference between 'em.

The van is a Kia Sedona that we've modified as a handy van and this time the OSRAM's were recommended...they are nice.

As to the Equus Signature I absolutely love it :!: The front seats are like being ensconced in velvet :) but the back seats are sans all the extra comfort of the Ultimate line. I got a heller deal on it and as of today I have 22,000 miles on it.

I was actually going to go with a '12 Genesis sedan but was made an offer I couldn't refuse. :)

You can say we're a Korean vehicle family. Besides the Sedona I've got a '06 Santa Fe GLS (bought in AK and used out at the farm), my wife drives a '13 Genesis coupe that she absolutely loves, my Mom has a '10 Sedona and my niece has a '11 Sedona.

My wife got a glimpse of the new Genesis a couple of months ago and she is really liking the new AWD model...she hasn't made any noise on getting a new one yet. :P

PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

Don't let her ride in one - you'll be heading home with it afterwards. That's an impressive vehicle. I love my Genesis; it's not perfect, but it's the most satisfying ownership experience I've had with a car. But the '15 is in another league, and I realized this having driven the V6 2015 my parents have. Can't imagine having a 2015 V8! My '10 is a 4.6, and that V8 is by far the most outstanding feature of the car. I'm sure you enjoy that in your Equus - same engine and transmission. Although my '10 has the ZF 6 speed, and I think somewhere around the '12 or '13 timeframe they moved to a Hyundai-built 8 speed from what I understand. I'd like the potentially slightly better fuel economy of the 8 speed (though on the highway, I get 28-30 mpg with mine, no shirt) but I know that ZF unit is pretty reliable, and put a little more confidence in that than the Hyundai tranny (though you have some protection with that nice warranty, after 100k you're on your own).
#JusticeForNolan
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

We became a big believer in Hyundai while in Alaska. We had an '02 Santa Fe we bought in Tucson before going to AK and it handled everything AK threw at it until a jag off ran a red light in Anchorage and totaled it but we were left unscathed.

I bought the '06 in Anchorage and it performed great and had done 2 Alaska HWY trips between Eagle River and Saltville back to Eagle River and back to Saltville in the winter pulling a trailer w/o a problem in a winter storm on the 1st trip back to Saltville.

We leased a 2003 Sonata while in AK and it was a great car even then.