Running of the Bulls...Dinwiddie style

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Running of the Bulls...Dinwiddie style

Post by Major Kong »

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

PolyTech

Re: Running of the Bulls...Dinwiddie style

Post by PolyTech »

Parents had been telling me about that - apparently its at the drag strip over by the airport.

Kong, just gotta say that there are many, many more bullet holes in Dinwiddie roadsigns than there are in SWVA and NETN.
#JusticeForNolan
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

PolyTech wrote:Parents had been telling me about that - apparently its at the drag strip over by the airport.

Kong, just gotta say that there are many, many more bullet holes in Dinwiddie roadsigns than there are in SWVA and NETN.
I blame A.P. Hill. :)

The signs are shot up but first the sign are stolen then taken to the woods or other places where they're then used as target practice. This is especially a problem now where hunting season is coming up and people are sighting in. The Highway Department replaces the signs...and folks don't see the bullet holes. ;) :D

PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

If you're a fan of civil war history, that's the place to be. Just a couple of miles up US 1 from there is Pamplin Park (yes, that Pamplin). Another quality Dinwiddian :)
#JusticeForNolan
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

PolyTech wrote:If you're a fan of civil war history, that's the place to be. Just a couple of miles up US 1 from there is Pamplin Park (yes, that Pamplin). Another quality Dinwiddian :)
Aye that was the great thing in growing up in Varina...the ghost of Civil War battles are everywhere.

Even in Saltville, where my Mom now lives, the Civil War is an important part of the local history.